 Castle / 7832
Re: Guarded Inn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 06:40:41 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.castle, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:

- It was never sold in stores in the US, only in catalogs, which makes it
more
  of a rare find.

Oh yeah, that's because it promoted drinking, right?

eric

Guarded Inn is such a swell set, it's almost enough to make me like Castle
all by itself.

++Lar

Hehe. Being able to count myself among the fortunate ones to have gotten
this set back when it was actually available, it's one of the few Castle
sets that just lept off the catalogue page with bright neon lights and
sirens and I just .had. to have it.

It's not 'bigger' but, like the Black Falcon's Fortress (6074), it is
wonderfully designed.

The Guarded Inn is close to, if not the most favorite of all my LEGO sets.

As for promoting drinking.. I never looked at the set as promoting anything
like that. My 'Figs just drink grape juice. Can I help it if there isn't any
refridgeration and the casks ferment? *8)

Joel Jacobsen
http://home.columbus.rr.com/jacobsen/html/Main/lego%20creations.htm