 Castle / 7841
Re: Guarded Inn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 07:34:43 GMT

In lugnet.castle, James Simpson writes:
In lugnet.castle, Joel Jacobsen writes:

The Guarded Inn is close to, if not the most favorite of all my LEGO sets.

This is by no means a nitpick toward the set, because I think that it absolutely
wonderful (wish I owned it), but, IMO, the only thing that keeps this set from
pure perfection, from being the epitome of greatness, is if the two bricks in
the roof window were actually classic 1x1x1 windows.  That would be the crowning
touch needed to ascend this set to immortality.

james

Oh, I agree. I've always thought that using headlight sockets reversed as
windows was just... odd.. I think your idea is better, though.

I think I might have one or two of those in red... since I've finally -
after almost 5 years of marriage - gone through the LEGO carry case my wife
bought at a garage sale for $5 and discovered that we have about half of a
375 or maybe more....yay!

Regardless, it is still is my favorite  set (I've decided since posting last
time that it is definately #1 for me <G>) - it has more significance because
I couldn't get ahold of it Stateside. A friend's dad was taking regular
business trips to Europe at that time and would bring back LEGO's for his
sons. It wasn't until I'd met them that I realized LEGO wasn't sending every
set to the US (I still envy them for having a Hamburger stand..<G>). He was
nice enough to take some money for me and go 'shopping' while there and a
few weeks later, I had one.

It's a far cry from MIB, now...well played with is more like it.. :)  I
still have the outer box - the tray has long since perished, and the
instructions and the pieces are still in nice shape.

Joel Jacobsen
http://home.columbus.rr.com/jacobsen/html/Main/lego%20creations.htm