 Castle / 7824
Re: Guarded Inn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 21:25:39 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Mark Sandlin writes:
Felix Greco at felixisgr8@aol.com wrote:

Hi Castle Heads!

I was just wondering...
I've heard a lot about how the Guarded Inn
(http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6067) is considered by many one of the best
castle themed sets.  Why is that?  From what I can see it looks kind of
small.  What was on the inside?  What is it about this set that everyone
liked so much?

I'm not knocking it... this set came around during my dark ages.  Just
wondering.

I could be mistaken, but I thought it was considered valuable because it's
the only set with red Tudor walls.

From what I've been able to gather (I don't own the set, way too pricey for my
blood) the kit not only has those red tudor walls, but one of them is a corner
(hot diggety); it also had a maiden's cap or three, which were out of
production for a long time; and then there's the sign, a printed 2x2 clip flag,
a feature unique to this set.

Anything else?

eric