 Castle / 7837
Re: Guarded Inn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 19:09:05 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Good point. But weren't those out of production already when this set came
out? I may be wrong. It's a Joshua Delahunty type question.

Back in 1986 I ordered a red windows and doors supplemental pack...among other
things, it had two 1x1x2 windows, two 1x2x1, windows, and two 1x1x1 windows(1).
This supplemental pack was probably a year or four old by '86, but wouldn't they
still have the mold in production while the pack was still for sale?  Perhaps
even if the mold still existed in '86, the cost of producing it in yellow didn't
seem warranted for a more limited-production run set (not sold retail in the
US.)

(1) I still consider those windows my most cherished pieces.

james