 Castle / 5800 (+100)
  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

"Gary Istok" <gistok@umich.edu> wrote in message news:399BF4F0.A2B8C3...ich.edu... (...) "bow" ) Having lived in Gloucester for 15 years, and it being where my family have lived for around 300 years, I assure you it's pronounced like Gloss-ter. The (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

However it is pronounced, Gloucester Cathedral would make a great Harry Potter location, as well as a model for a LEGO Cathedral. My "British Cathedrals" book (Paul Johnson, 1980, ISBN 0-688-03672-4) just raves over it: ".... the dominating feature (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Tales of Illswich, Episode 1

(...) Keep up the excellent work! I like the use of Ninja hoods for the miners. The sand effects are great, give is kind of a Dune feel...dust everywhere, getting into everything... Sean (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  FOTW: '95 Castle polybag; Hasbro 12" Speederbike

I stopped in a TRU today and found an old Castle polybag on a peg among the new Arctic and Castle bags: (URL) was filthy, but still sealed. They've been moving the gondolas (shelving) around and probably found it underneath one of them. It wasn't in (...) (24 years ago, 19-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Some things never grow old...

I 'spose this is as good a spot to mention it as any, and I haven't seen anyone else bring this up yet. If they have, just ignore me. :) I was watching TV last night with my wife and an ad came on that immediatly caught my attention. It was a father (...) (24 years ago, 19-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Some things never grow old...

(...) Yes this has been brought up before. Actually I have seen a comercial for Oppenheimer using LEGO Castle to. The ad had two children playing with the 6097 Night Lord's Castle -which is the ad talked about when this was brought up before. I (...) (24 years ago, 19-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Trade sets

I don't know yet, but I *may* be getting a #6054 with instructions, in decent shape. If so, would anyone want to trade me a #6075 with instructions for it? Don't get your hopes up yet though, I may not get it. -dead (24 years ago, 19-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Shop

You guys should look at this shop on brickbay called Dougs New & Old shop. It has some really great stuff, even the "classic" old style castle armor -dead (24 years ago, 19-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: FOTW: '95 Castle polybag; Hasbro 12" Speederbike

(...) Dude thats awesome...I'm gonna go look under the "gondolas" at the local Kmart and see if theres any old sets there! -dead (...) (24 years ago, 19-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Castle Sets Auction

Hello Everyone... There is ONLY 1 DAY left on my Castle Sets Auction located at (URL) I am selling every castle set that I own, and I was almost castle complete. As I was doing a box inventory today, I located a few additional sets that I listed in (...) (24 years ago, 20-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.auction)

  Castle Sets Auction (Last Day - NOT eBay)

Hello Everyone... There are ONLY HOURS left on my Castle Sets Auction located at (URL) I am selling every castle set that I own, and I was almost castle complete. I just posted the most current bids, and I will update bids again around 10:00pm CST. (...) (24 years ago, 20-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: FOTW: '95 Castle polybag; Hasbro 12" Speederbike

(...) Aw heck, I'll do even better! I'm going to go down and hide a bunch of stuff under the shelves and check back in two years ;> cheers! Joel "no, not really" Kuester (24 years ago, 20-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Castle Sets Auction (Last Day - NOT eBay)

(...) Uhh, when you update bids again, please don't clutter the .castle group with auction noise. Reminder: the .market.auction group is the place for auctions, not the themed discussion groups. Please re-read the Discussion Group Terms and (...) (24 years ago, 20-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.admin.terms)

  FOTW: 6038 + 6105 for $1 each!

Hey all, Some of my non-Lego loving friends have picked up on just how crazy I am for more ABS, which is great since they are habitual garage sale perusers. Today they found these sets, with the boxes and instructions for the ridiculously low price (...) (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  more tilland...

...Well, I had a couple pics I was going to use for Tilland (finally got my new computer up and the cam wurking! woohoo!), but I broke them whilst editing :-/ so no new stories today. Tho I did make a spiffy banner (tho it also needs help :-/ Do I (...) (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Mailboxes as windows (was Re: Mailboxes vs. safes)

(URL) I use these on my spaceship but I could easily see them as dark thick windows on a castle keep or possibly in a more modern town structure. -Jon -- Starship Bardiel (URL) Koob" <jkoob@nospam.v-wave.com> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle)

  Castle Doors

Does anyone know of any recent (and preferably inexpensive) sets which come with the doors and door hinges like those in sets #6062 (battering ram) or #6067 (Guarded Inn) et al. I'm trying to build a medieval villiage but am severely limited by the (...) (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Doors

(...) Hey! Could you stop dreaming out loud? Some of us can still hear you... =) -- Richard (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

Hemlock Stronghold-pretty good set, huh? But you know what makes is 10000 times better? Putting an old-school jail cell door down in front of it. It fits perfectly. But use 1x2 or 1x2 plates on opposite ends to connect it to the fortress, to allow (...) (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Doors

(...) colors). (...) Hi again, I kind of figured that it would be difficult to get any of those doors. Oh well. I did however find a relativly cheap source for some black rounded doors (like the ones in #6034 (Black Monarch's Ghost) and grey hinges. (...) (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Doors

(...) Well, that's not what you asked for. You are discussing elements as if color didn't matter, and to most people I think it does (at least to some degree or other). 6034 has brown doors, 2996 has black ones as you have pointed out. I think it's (...) (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Update on my village

Well, here's how it's looking now... got about half of it done (really more than that I expect, considering the buildings had to be built and the hardest part of the landscape is done) Check it out at: (URL) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Update on my village

(...) I hope that we can get a chance to march some armies through it for our often-discussed-but-...lanned-out Medieval BrikWars game. eric (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Musical Minifigs

No, no, no, this isn't about musicians, though I suppose a minifig lute or drum wouldn't be a bad thing. This is about Kings. Plural. It's good to be king, but having a cohort of kings gets to be too much. 6026 is a decent way to build an army up (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Doors

(...) Steve You're in luck. I have the black door with hinges from the Battering Ram set that I am willing to part with for a few bucks. I also have a bunch of other building elements from older sets that I'm looking to part with. Email me at (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Musical Minifigs

Actually the BEST way to build up a medieval army is to order from the Lego Shop at Home catelog. You can get any number of 4811 for $1.19 each! Thats one new soldier, two crossbows, a shield, and some misc pieces for just $1.19. You see, their (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Soldiers

Bluecoat soldiers-everybody likes 'em, right? Well I got this stuff here: -Bluecoat Soldier- red epaulette, brown non-opening backpack, shako hat, rifle (2) -Officer (NOT the "governor")- yellow epaulette, bearded face, pistol, missing black (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Musical Minifigs

(...) I'm totally with Anthony on this one. The 4811 set is great for building units. In fact, on my desk I have three of them where I've swapped out heads. One with Obi-wan, one with Luke (both from the Landspeeder-7110) and one with Qui-gon form (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Musical Minifigs

(...) It goes without saying that buying minifigs at discount is ALWAYS a better way of building an army than purchasing at full price <g>. I got the 6026s at $3.67 instead of the list $5, for example. The 4811 is a good current deal since the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Update on my village

(...) Looks great David....I'm hopefully going to constructing a village similar.... Just something you might be interestet in......if you play or know someone who plays computer games.....have a look at a game called Age Of Empires - Age Of (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Musical Minifigs

(...) You're lucky......down here in Australia, we pay around $4.00 AUD for that set!!!!! Kev... : ( (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Where is Shiri Dori???

Hey, Does anyone know what happened to Shiri Dori? I know she was going on vacation for a while, but I thought she was back. (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Musical Minifigs

(...) $1.19. (...) I'm sure if you asked nice enough we could work something out. (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Where is Shiri Dori???

(...) She's still in Israel...her plane arrives back on Sunday. -Chris (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Update on my village

(...) very well. The non-uniform paths and slope work well, too. (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Update on my village

(...) Really great village you've got there. =) Can't wait to see the rest of it! ~Nathan (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Soldiers

It's a bit annoying that you copied this to castle and space groups too - keep the commercial crap out of the theme groups! Dan (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Update on my village

Very nice village Dave! I can almost see the dramas taking place with all the different types of buildings represented and I can't wait to see it populated! Dan (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Update on my village

Good work Dave! I actually wanted to ask you about the way you approached building the hill for the stream. I like to sculpt landscapes around my dioramas, but I'm not sure I've hit on the best strategy yet. I tend to only build hill slopes in (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Update on my village

(...) Don't let green plate availability daunt you. Plate-high contours on a hill could be established by plates underneath green bricks. Then plates of any color can be used since they won't be visible in the end. Picture molding the hill in multi (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Medievil Farm

Hi everyone, I posted some pics on Brickshelf of my medievil farm. (I can't speel, sorry) Please puruse them and give me your honest opinions. I realize it may need work. I was trying to make it look like stacked stone with a straw roof. I think my (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Update on my village

(...) As John has already said, a lot of the secret is using plates underneath the bricks :) When building, I realized I needed the waterwheel to have somewhere between 2 and 3 bricks worth of space (2 wasn't QUITE enough, 3 was plenty) between the (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Update on my village

I think it is a tremendous effort you've put into a fabalous work of art. Well, I'm just trying to put my admiration into words. Very nice!!! (wish i had such a collection of bricks...) Daan (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The 2001 lineup (list on FBTB)

(...) A good bet, but I was ALSO refering to your "Mercenary HQ Monsterpiece" (URL) I'm surprised your "release" thread (URL) isn't longer. A very impressive model, even if you feel you still have some finalizing to do. The flickering firelight in (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Medievil Farm

(...) Hi Greg! (...) Looks good, nice attention to details on the wall and roof. Nice work! Rob (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  fanzine Underway- Columnist /Article writers needed.

Hi my name is Alex Farlie, I am attemtping to get together articles for a magzine (ideally web -based). Style is intended to be simmilar to that of the Meccano Magzine(c1950) (modern considerations taken into account) . Content has a Lego(R) rther (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  WTB/T: Sail

I am looking for a sail from #6057 Sea Serpent. Will offer castle, space or any old stuff for it. 'Nuff said. (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  New LEGO Castle Promo sets

Hi Castle and/or promo fans, I was able to pick up four new sets this morning in a german toy shop. I doubt that they will make it to the US as well, but in any case I made a few scans of the sets [#4816 - 4819] You can see them here; within the (...) (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.promo)

  Re: Odd Auction? Take a look...

(...) are (...) I was a bit sceptical like the rest of us but I guess you just never know: article (2 URLs) (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New LEGO Castle Promo sets

(...) Oooh, lots of goodies here! Princess Storm's armored torso for those who don't want the big 2000 set, the return of Imperial Armada silver armor and black dragons, and the silver dragon helms and Bull shields recently seen on eBay that few of (...) (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New LEGO Castle Promo sets

(...) Someone has been combining the chromed bits and auctioning Really Shiney Bulls Cavalry on eBay. These are real parts then (the shield and helmet). These packs may never make it here, but I'd bet all the parts will. It's especially nice to see (...) (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.promo)

  More Skeletons

I have posted a few more pics of my skeleton army. Please take a look! (URL) is a throne made out of Lego skeleton arms and legs: (URL) are several other pics if you would like tosee them. This is the directory of the pics: (URL) (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New LEGO Castle Promo sets

(...) [4816-4819] The sets are in no way hard to find here. Anyone who pays three times as much on ebay as German AFOLs pay here must be either rich enough or stupid enough. I think it's easy to get the sets, so I'll sell them at US$6 or so, which (...) (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  I'm back

Hi y'all! I'm back... it was a great, albeit long, vacation... reminded me what I missed back in .il, and what I should be grateful for over here. It *is* good to be back home... the computer, the lego, lugnet, I missed'em. ;-) (Oh, and my family (...) (24 years ago, 26-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Re: I'm back

Welcome back! Were you able to obtain any more of your LEGO collection from back home? How is your jet lag? Brad (24 years ago, 27-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Re: I'm back

(...) Yeah... I got all of mine (which "surprisingly" doesn't seem so big anymore...) and a little bit of my cousin's, including some rare-ish bits like BFs, some Crusaders and BKs, Blacktron and a few classic windows... didn't catch the fabuland (...) (24 years ago, 27-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Re: I'm back

(...) Hi Shiri, From a lurker's standpoint, let me say that I missed you! It's been a little dull since you've been away! I'm glad you're back and I look forward to reading your postings! Tom (24 years ago, 27-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Re: I'm back

(...) <grin> First of all, thanks, it's nice to be missed! Secondly, why lurk?... when you can post and make it un-dull... c'mon, show some initiative around here ;-) -Shiri (24 years ago, 27-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Re: I'm back

(...) <psst> Hey Shiri, Space! Space! Space! Space! Space! Just wanted to give you something to put in the proper topic. Now... does this XFUT to .space or .fun? :^D ~Mark (24 years ago, 27-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Re: I'm back

(...) Hey Mark, lemme clue you in. Castle has about twice as many posts as Space... nyah nyah ;-) (...) I vote for .fun... -Shiri p.s. Can someone invite lazy me to the BrickLUG chat again? I got a new AIM screen name... "lego shiri"... TIA! (24 years ago, 27-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.fun)

  Bulls Brothers Travelling Circus?

I don't like the way the newer castle sets are presented. The LEGO company loves telling us that some minifigures are good brave people, and others are evil robbers. Yes, the evil guys are always robbers, even though every castle set I've ever seen (...) (24 years ago, 27-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Bulls Brothers Travelling Circus?

(...) Neat idea!! Love the creativity, Brandon... that would explain why they have no permanent home, too! Personally I agree about the bad-guy good-guy theory, and I know I'm not the only one. Let *us* interpret the figs however we want to. People (...) (24 years ago, 27-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: I'm back

(...) Now castle will once again claim it's rightful spot as the fastest growing topic on Lugnet with your posts! Sorry, I couldn't resist saying that. Welcome back Shiri! Rob (24 years ago, 27-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Re: New LEGO Castle Promo sets

Heya ! Are these sets available in Munich yet ? If, so where in Munich can I find them ? Thanx. Rene (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.promo)

  Re: Bulls Brothers Travelling Circus?

(...) "Axe theory"? Is this the scientific explanation of 6095 Royal Joust? (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Making Pikes

I need some pikes for my medieval/renaissance armies and I was wondering what solutions others have used, the standard spear being too short for a pike. I thought of shaving off the axe blade from the gray halberd, which leaves a longer spear, but (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Making Pikes

(...) spear (...) Fake it. :) Have your minifigs standing sideways in the pikewall, so that the "pike" is angled down through both their hands. In the upper hand, have them holding a spear, with as much extension as they can get. In the back hand, (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Making Pikes

(...) be (...) That works for the Swiss, who were very agressive, though I don't think the Scots were that sophisticated. Good suggestion. (...) That's the way I currently have them (lightsabre blade, lightsabre handle, spear). I could horrify (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Making Pikes

(...) Why not use a lance for the grip part, and attach a spear to the other end? If the minifig holds the lance "backwards", the handle would give ample opportunities for connecting bit to hold the spear. Done in the right way, it could even (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Making Pikes

(...) If it doesn't offend anyone's Lego purism, I would suggest 1/8" styrene rod stock, available at many hobby stores in 12" inch and/or 36" lengths. I've seen them in white, black, dark grey, as well as a few translucent hues, and they fit minfig (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Making Pikes

(...) be (...) Another possibility which just occured to me is to use those 'whip' antennae. Doesn't the Desert Skiff come with a couple in brown? One of them would look a bit goofy, but a forest of them would be cool. James (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Making Pikes

(...) what (...) I (...) While that would certainly offend people's sense of purity, it is a good idea, of course there is a "pure" solution, take some of that thin flex-tube and cut it to appropriate lengths. I think it can be found in grey or (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Making Pikes

(...) what (...) I (...) An interesting solution except I'm not going to put 'em in the pencil sharpener - I mean, then they'd be sharp (ouch, look, blood!). I suppose the key is for them to properly fit minifig hands and be able to put standard (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Bulls Brothers Travelling Circus?

(...) LOL... no... IIRC, it was something along the lines of "Leo is enslaving all the people"... -Shiri (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: I'm back

Hi Shiri, Don't know cause I am new, but now maybe these guys will stop whining.."when Shiri coming back? We miss Shiri! Space rules as long as Shiri isnt around!" Grin. Looking forward to your posts. (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Re: Making Pikes

(...) This is a lot like what we did when we needed to make Japanese spears for a game a few months ago, we reversed the lances and attached sabers to the butt ends (rather than spears). You can find pictures of them at (URL)Done in the right way, (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: I'm back

(...) LOL... Them guys are totally hopeless without me ;-)... just ask Chris <grin, duck and run>... (...) They're not *that* interesting... but, I guess... whatever ;-) It's nice to be appreciated, tho' ;-) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Re: Making Pikes

(...) with 1x1 round and katana. Either style is fine for a naginata, but not quite what I'm looking for in a western pike. (...) Ummmm, errr, I was refering to the Scots methods of pike-handling as opposed to the Swiss. The Swiss were capable of (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Making Pikes

(...) whatever) (...) to (...) Ok, I am away from my legos, so I can't test this, but tell me what you think, cause after all, I seem to be famous for my makeshift weapons. How about if you did this. Take a lance, turn it around, and put two 1x1 (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Anthony is a happy boy

Anthony is a happy boy. He just got himself some more classic castle style knights. You know, from the yellow castle 375. Anthony likes this very much. And soon he will put new characters on his website, alone with new MOC weapons. Yes, Anthony is a (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Making Pikes

(...) I had a good time tinkering with Lego (okay, okay, playing with Lego, stop twisting my arm) last night. Best visually sans color is the lightsabre with a spear in the other end. No huge out-of-proportion pieces. Is there a black lightsabre (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Making Pikes

(...) The Star Wars A-Wing has two of them in black. JohnG, GMLTC (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Making Pikes

(...) Even longer, the little Xteam hangglider has some slightly longer ones in black as well...they might work even better, not sure. (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Making Pikes

(...) I just read your game story, and it's great! I'm sorry the archer had to have happen to him what did happen to him (so as not ruin it for anyone), and that poor grey ninja made me feel sad. But the Timmy Lords were excellent. (Off topic, I (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anthony is a happy boy

(...) How many classic knights does Happy Anthony have? (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Making Pikes

(...) I believe the Emperor's cane is also one in the SW Sith figure pack. John (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Making Pikes

(...) For the non-purists, I may have just stumbled upon another solution. I was walking past the coffee machine here at work, and noticed they have small black straws for stirring the coffee. I picked on up, and thought "that would fit a minifig (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Making Pikes

(...) have (...) The Naboo swamp has four dark gray ones for the stap fighter thingies. Sean (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Making Pikes

(...) No (...) I (...) matching (...) live (...) And the A-Wing has black 4 stud long rods, which I will be adding soon to my sales page, along with many dark gray rods as well. Scott S. -- Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> (URL) Page -> (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anthony is a happy boy

(...) much. (...) Anthony now has two black, one grey, one white, and three red classic knights, as well as a couple of their squires. (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Making Pikes

(...) suggestion. And no, faced with someone weilding a claymore, I'm not going to call him unsophisticated, or make fun of haggis, or suggest that he might be overly thrifty. I would probably just back away slowly. eric (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Soldiers

(...) How many wolfpack would you need? I have three... (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Making Pikes

(...) Great pics! I like your Ninja theme game variation...heck I really lke the Bamboo glade idea too! (...) I will have to read the other messages in this thread shortly... I believe the large Asain style spear/axe polearms are shurikens...I could (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Making Pikes

(...) No, those asian polearms are Naginata. Shuriken are those little pointy metal stars everyone loved in the mid-80's. They can be seen painted on the torsos of most Lego ninja, tucked in their belts. As an aside, Naginata are often disparaginly (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Making Pikes

(...) weapon", (...) Prior to the Edo period, the Naginata was a weapon used on the battlefields by samurai. The Edo period was relatively peaceful, and women of samurai families were trained with the Naginata. This is where the tradition of women (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Naginatas and George Lucas (was Re: Making Pikes)

(...) families (...) I've done some research and found some more information. I quote the following: Women, usually of high-rank, were allowed an education and training in martial arts. It was not considered unusual for clan princesses to be taught (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Making Pikes

(...) To be clear, I didn't say *I* referred to the Naginata disparagingly as a "woman's weapon". I am quite aware of the damage one of these things can do in the wrong hands. For more information, play Kyoshiro in Samurai Showdown III on the Sony (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Moooooooo!!!

(...) Could someone post a picture for those of us who are LCad defficient? (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.castle, lugnet.western)

  Re: Moooooooo!!!

(...) Here ya go! (URL) fun. -John Rudy www.cortland.edu/ace...e2000/john (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.castle, lugnet.western)

  Re: Making Pikes

(...) shurikens...I could (...) those little pointy metal (...) painted on the torsos (...) That's right...throwing stars...I was pretty good with those...I couold almost play cricket or 301 with them) I stand corrected = ) (I just couldn't think of (...) (24 years ago, 30-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact