 Castle / 5700 (+20)
  Re: Body Armor

(...) When I was at the Georgia Lego Outlet earlier this week they had 2 to 3 cardboard displays of set 2847 for $1.99. Last I heard, they ship older out of production sets anywhere in the U.S. Their phone # is 706-216-2800. Ken (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Body Armor

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it. Bruce (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New theme suggestion - Roman Era

(...) Thinking this over, I have to admit that though Britain seems like a different sort of situation, I'm not versed enough to make generalizations. There are the facts: Caesar turned his back on Britain as if he didn't WANT to conquer it after (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: New theme suggestion - Parthia!

Hey, I found a terrific resource on the web. It helps fill in the blank in my knowledge: what was in the area between Rome, India, and China? Answer: parthia.com! Some of what Wayne Sayles calls "the other ancients". Seriously, this web site has a (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knight's Kingdom Set 4807

(...) Brian What kind of swords do you need. I have a bunch of the silver and the old gray ones. Email me if you want some. Thanks Andy (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knight's Kingdom Set 4807

Brian and Dave I will also mention that I have a lot of the long gray axes and crossbows. Let me know if you are interested in obtaining some. I could outfit a pretty good size army with what I have. I prefer bows and spears for my army of Black (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knight's Kingdom Set 4807

(...) Got any stuff for me? hehe. NTFH -wes (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knight's Kingdom Set 4807

(...) Wes I have stuff for whoever is interested. I'm trying to sell off some of my castle stuff to pay for my other hobbies. I'm keeping my favorite stuff (Black Falcon and Forest Men themes) but all my other stuff is on the block. I have a pretty (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle World.

(...) ...<grin>... yeah, that's all, pretty much. (...) Yeah, basically, tho' I think sharing the workload is a good idea. There's a lot to handle at the moment, and keeping up with the people is tough. (...) Hopefully not, when the automated site (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Odd Auction? Take a look...

Check out this auction and tell me what you think. (URL) they're fake, the shields (and the helmets, but is that reflection, or a sloppy paint job on the 4th helmet?) were done exceptionally well. And, what promotional deal would they be from? (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Odd Auction? Take a look...

(...) It looks very simple. This guy made 4 custom knights and is auctioning them off claiming they are legit LEGO products. It looks very obvious that he painted the helmets and shields then put em' on a minifig with armor from the 1997 Armada (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Odd Auction? Take a look...

The armor was also available in 6204 Buccaneers Minifig pack.. of course that's from 1997 though probably still available in some stores in the back of the shelf. Which would be a cheaper way to get ahold of the armor. I personally think that armor (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Odd Auction? Take a look...

(...) IMHO..I think the shields are "bull knight" shields that have a transparent silvery piece put over them. Just enought to allow the original print to show through. It gives the affect of being painted. If this guy is misrepresenting his (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  New MOC's: non-'standard' village buildings

Well, it's been a while since I've posted any MOC's, so I figured I'd give a sneak peak at the village that's been building up at my apartment ever since we finished the TCS midieval window display. There are 5 new 2-level buildings, along with the (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle) !!

  Re: New MOC's: non-'standard' village buildings

(...) WOW! I love those Dave; can't wait to see the final product. You've given me a lot of good ideas to, uh...borrow. ;-) I like the chicken coop the best...simple, yet inginuitive. -Chris (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New MOC's: non-'standard' village buildings

(...) Oh, it's down? Shucks... I never even got a chance to see it... <bangs head on table>... I'll try harder next time... (...) Very nice! I love the detailed yellow-n-brown one, and the red one ain't as bad as you think ;-)... the way the timbers (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New theme suggestion - Parthia!

It's a simplification, but Parthia is one of those varieties of Persia that I was refering to. Persia of Xerxes and Darius, the Parthians, and the Parthian successors, the Sassanid Persians, would provide for great building opportunities while being (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

(...) Never let it be said that I don't admit when I'm wrong: Dark Horizons ((URL) reports today that Gloucester Cathedral *will* be used. Thinking back, it may well have been that Canterbury was up for it but turned down the production. I'm (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Someone explain this - redux

Here's an interesting item up for auction. It's not mine. The seller says they are "promotional" - can anyone verify this? I'm not going to bid, but since they are across the bay, I'm tempted to ask if I can come by and see them... Paul Sinasohn (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.castle)

  Re: New MOC's: non-'standard' village buildings

(...) Wow. Luv all those buildings - even the ugly barn-:) - what i like most was actually the chicken koop. i've never thought of that before and it looks really great! hehe if only i spent as much time collectiong more building materials as i do (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact