 Castle / 515 (+20)
  Re: retrocastle

(...) Hmm. I'm thinking more and more that they are dark grey. If you take a look at the pic on page 12, we get a big more of a 'head-on' view, and you can see a lighter grey brick (1x2?) between the two corner slopes. IMHO, they're dark grey. And (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: retrocastle

Look at p.12 again: Look at the Dark and Light gray pieces on the front of the AAT. Now look at the dark gray piece on the back of the AAT, right in front of the MTT! Here comes Retrocastle! KL (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Castle weapon/helmet terminology?

Can anyone either tell me or point me to a place that would what all these are referred too? All I know is the short older swords are referred to as "short swords" and the larger silver ones are "broad swords". Just curious. :) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: retrocastle

(...) Hmm, maybe. I'm not convinced, though. Tell you what: As soon as they're available, I'll buy one, and check for you, ok? ;-) James (URL) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: retrocastle

(...) Yes, but when you look at the top 1x2 slopes they look darker than the corners? so really it could be light I was just going by the obvious photo comparison on the link I gave atleast there you can see the dark gray plates and they are way (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: retrocastle

(...) Makes no difference to me I'll just wait if they are light, I'll buy tons! If not I wont buy any? simple dont need or like dark gray. But still what says the plate in the att is dark? (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: retrocastle

(...) Sorry Kevin misunderstood your last post, thought you were saying they were dark gray slopes :) sorry Doyle (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Did anyone else notice...?

(...) Construction Site in Waltham, MA also has some Belville & Scala sets. (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) here, (...) ROFLOL!!! >D I *would* read this at work - now everyone knows I'm weird, not just speculating!!! The images that ran through my head when I read this were far to graphic an complex to repeat here. Lets just say I haven't laughed (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  My thoughts on the new Castle line

General Comments (mostly negative): 1. The Maiden appears to come only in the largest set (6091) - arghh! 2. Visored helmets are back!! 3. Why did they do the tower peaks in blue again - I'd kill for those in red!! 4. Stained glass decal - there is (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  My thought on castle 2000

The large castle looks ok but TL:G could have done much better IMHO. give us sets like 6073 knights castle, 6074 black falcons fortress, 6080 kings castle etc with large numbers of the straight castle walls. Even given the set the straight castle (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: More news on 2000 lineup!

(...) Really? Wow. (...) Oh, ok. Well, like someone reminded me - you're entitled to your opinion. You're wrong, of course, but you're certainly entitled to to be wrong if you want to be. :) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  More castle 2000 set comments

OK, with all the posts nitpicking the new sets, I though I'd add my .02 cents (making it like $3 laying around now... :) ). 6095: Cool looking training dummy. A king and some kind of boring throne (some nice pieces in it), two knights. Arms totals: (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  new castles

Whew..... I was realy sweating out if there was going to be any castle theme at all. There is a lot to quibble about, but at least we can quibble. We have seen a few themes go the way of the dodo. Yeah we are getting tired of new lion shields, (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Brown Falcon

Is that a brown falcon on the right side of 6091? Dan (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Brown Falcon

(...) Yup, looks like it (well, parrot. :)). -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=...=-=-=-=-=- jmbrown@mines.edu (URL) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Brown Falcon

That brown Falcon must be piloted by the minifig of Jay Leno pictured next to Princess Cinnabon on page 12 of the 2000 catalog scans. My what a chin. Aaron (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: More news on 2000 lineup!

(...) Gosh, now I'm really impressed. Golly gee. (...) suck. (...) And....that's it? Not willing or simply unable to defend your opinion? Just a sneering dismissal? Perhaps you shouldn't be calling people "doofus", if that's the best you can muster. (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: More castle 2000 set comments

(...) ^^^^^^^ Relooked at this, and it's another swan hat. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=...=-=-=-=-=- jmbrown@mines.edu (URL) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: took another look at the 2000 catalog...

Pawel Nazarewicz wrote in message ... (...) Thanks Pawel, With the grey 2x2 round plate, the piece looked a little different, but your right its the same piece. I guess I will open some of those ninja sets, after all. BTW, Ninja is not Castle. -- (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact