 Castle / 4556
Re: What do peasants carry around in your town?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2000 15:39:19 GMT

In lugnet.castle, John D. Forinash writes:
In article <Fu2A3r.4Hn@lugnet.com>, Shiri Dori <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote:
Why aren't bows and arrows OK? I'd think they're easier to handle than a
crossbow,

Well, they're easier to make than a crossbow, certainly - and cheaper.
Crossbows are probably easier to hit things with, but they're big and
heavy and not something you'd want to carry around all day.

not to mention that a lot of peasants knew how to handle them
(doesn't mean they're any good at it ;-)

Only gripe I've got with a bow and arrow is that there's always an arrow
nocked and drawn. Peasants may have known how to use a bow and arrow,
but they generally didn't wander through town with an arrow ready to
let fly. :)

True.  On the other hand, I regard that as less of a problem than the
habit of my knights to always be waving their swords around...have these
people never heard of scabbards? Are they a well-kept Ninja secret in
LEGOland?

I'd love to see something you could put between the legs & body with a
clip or slot or something, so you could have a sheathed sword.  One to go
over the neck so you can have a sword slung on your back would be cool,
too.