 Castle / 4322
  The cost of minifigs

Boy, minifigs sure are expensive! Not to purchase, but to maintain! I've started planning of the barracks for my fortress, and it appears that the magic number is 6x12 "studs" of floor space for every two minifigs (or 72 square studs). Why is that (...) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The cost of minifigs

(...) <snip> (...) Do it the old-fashioned way - have everybody bed down in the Great Hall. 8) Only the nobles and important people get "quarters". You might want to lay in a supply of dogs to keep the 'figs warm though. If you insist on beds, make (...) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The cost of minifigs

By putting them in triple layer bunks, I figure I can fit 6 of them in a 8x6x8 area... which means for roughly 100, all you need is a 32x24x8 stud room. As for gear, all their armor and weapons are property of the kingdom, they stay in the armory (...) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The cost of minifigs

(...) Also, since your minifigs will probably be on guard duty in shifts, you can limit the number of beds to equal the number of soldiers who are off duty. :) The soldiers on duty certainly won't be able to use the beds... You could even make it a (...) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The cost of minifigs

(...) even (...) Aye, the U.S. Navy does this with their ships to conserve space. Everyone shares bunks, since the bunk : sailor ratio is something like 2:3. If everyone gets sick, I guess those on shift get sick at their post. :-, Cheers, - jsproat (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The cost of minifigs

(...) <snip breakdown of cost> :) Yay! It's my specialty(1)! Actually, it depends on who the minifigs are, and how historically accurate you're trying to be. The amount of room you're allowing above sounds about right for knights or minor nobility. (...) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The cost of minifigs

(...) :) (...) Actually, when we were coming here, we went to the Fortress of Louisburg, in Cape Breaton (Nova Scotia). The reinactors said that from the manning numbers, the soldiers slept 4 to a bunk, and the bunks were about the size of a double (...) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The cost of minifigs

100$ is dirt-cheap for a LEGO building! I've calculated that many of my buildings cost $300-$600! (URL) seen some other folks' buildings that are much bigger (and more expensive). If you want to save money, then buy up sets at 50% discount. You can (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The cost of minifigs

(...) Try setting up a "Beowulf" lord's hall. Halfway through the night they won't even need quarters anymore... Anybody have a good way of displaying gore in Lego? Red tiles spread out in random directions might be okay, as well as dismembered (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Cheap sets for buildings (Was: The cost of minifigs)

(...) Urg. Now I'm depressed. :-P (...) Does anyone have any advice as to which sets are more cost-efficient for raw building-building materials? Like, I wanna build a building with lotsa gray 1xN bricks, some windows, a decent roof (i.e. 6xN (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Cheap sets for buildings (Was: The cost of minifigs)

(...) I don't know for sure, but I'd bet on: -grey brick packs -a 6097 (or two or three, or eighteen) on clearance from kbkids.com Any number of 6097s will supply you with the cool arched windows, as well as grey arches; also I think it has a few (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Cheap sets for buildings (Was: The cost of minifigs)

As Shiri says, 6097 is the perfect choice for castle parts these days. It is cheap, easily available, and has a wide range of parts. It was on sale a while back at kbkids.com for only $25! The downside of this is that nearly every LUGNET'er has a (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: The cost of minifigs

Extreme violence and LEGO! Where is your morality? Aaron West <majisto@vol.com> wrote in message news:FtCFtD.IJv@lugnet.com... (...) won't (...) in (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The cost of minifigs

Shiri, Shouldn't you be atoning for the same sin? I seem to recall some shocking red-brick violence on your page! Shame, shame, shame!!!! :) This is supposed to be a family-oriented community! :) Brad Shiri Dori <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The cost of minifigs

(...) LOL! (...) ROFL! Also, if you put a minifig with red body parts, they might look like they're bleeding... ;o) -Shiri (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Cheap sets for buildings (Was: The cost of minifigs)

(...) raw (...) gray (...) arches (...) Well, maybe the kbkids.com site. I saw the Bat Lords castle for 30 some dollars a few minutes. That might have some parts for you. Scott S. -- Scott E. Sanburn Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: The cost of minifigs

(...) I'm a saint next to some things.... for example this site that Richard Marchetti showed me after I'd posted Scar's violent act: (URL) no matter; I'm no fan of violence. What you see on my pages are red tiles, no more-- if you see blood, maybe (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: The cost of minifigs

YIKES.... who's site is that? some of those are pretty "nasty", though I like some of the torso designs! Definately not for little ones to view though, that's for sure. Tamy (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Cheap sets for buildings (Was: The cost of minifigs)

(...) As far as I know there is no real cost efficient way to acquire large quantities of 1xN grey bricks. I plan on tackling my first large building in white since it is more readily available in brick buckets. Rob - Rob Farver - (...) (24 years ago, 21-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)