 Castle / 4343
4342  |  4344
Subject:
Cheap sets for buildings (Was: The cost of minifigs)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 02:27:05 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Brad Hamilton writes:
100$ is dirt-cheap for a LEGO building!
I've calculated that many of my buildings cost $300-$600!

Urg.  Now I'm depressed.  :-P

If you want to save money, then buy up sets at 50% discount.  You can often
target sets with high proportions of parts you want, and then trade the rest
for MORE parts you want.  This is much cheaper than buying each part at
auction!

Does anyone have any advice as to which sets are more cost-efficient for raw
building-building materials?  Like, I wanna build a building with lotsa gray
1xN bricks, some windows, a decent roof (i.e. 6xN plates, etc.), some arches
and other architectural pieces.  I think I have enough doors...

Cheers,
- jsproat