 Castle / 2642
Re: Questions for those with LARGE collections...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 21:39:35 GMT

Bill Farkas wrote:
     Roughly, what is the size of your collection?

Well over 200k pcs (I think my set listing which is no wheres near
complete, really only shows sets which are built or sorted, I think had
over 200k pcs, it's probably about half done).

     How long has it taken you to accumulate such a large collection?

Closing in on a year now.

          How much of it is from your childhood?

None.

     How much time per week do you spend building? (not playing - I hate when
       my wife tells me to stop playing and put my "toys"(!) away)

Almost none (definitely not enough). Though I have had spurts of
building sets, not enough MOC time.

     What is your monthly lego budget?

I don't really want to know. I need to slow down (I have slowed down
some, but clearance time has cut into that a bit, and there have been
some real nice parts lots on eBay lately, I'm almost to the point I
don't buy sets on eBay any more).

     Does any of this cause family conflict?  (For some of you, I wonder if you
       have contact with anyone NOT made of abs)

I'm unattached. I do spend several hours a week at church and other
social events.

     When you build a large project, do you sketch plans or improvise as you
       go?

Haven't built any large projects. All of my MOCs have been built as I go
(see http://www.mindspring.com/~ffilz/Lego/Lego.html for pictures of
most of my MOCs, all town/train right now).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com