 Castle / 2664
Re: Questions for those with LARGE collections...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 21:44:51 GMT

    Roughly, what is the size of your collection?

115,00 plus pieces

    How long has it taken you to accumulate such a large collection?

23+ years

         How much of it is from your childhood?

Don't know, would guess >20 K pieces

    How much time per week do you spend building? (not playing - I hate when
      my wife tells me to stop playing and put my "toys"(!) away)

3-10 hrs, depending on homework

    What is your monthly lego budget?

$300 (CDN) is what I get/month for hobbies

    Does any of this cause family conflict?  (For some of you, I wonder if
you have contact with anyone NOT made of abs)

No.  My wife is free to play with all my lego, but doesn't tend to too much
(she will sit and build with me, but not on her own)

    When you build a large project, do you sketch plans or improvise as you
      go?

Build.  I don't do drawings until I am happy with the plastic result.  (I only
have 2 Ldraw drawings done of my own)

James Powell