 Castle / 2635
Re: Questions for those with LARGE collections...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 20:49:46 GMT

    Roughly, what is the size of your collection?
Between 200 and 220 sets.  Roughly 50 to 60,000 pieces

    How long has it taken you to accumulate such a large collection?
About 16 years.  But i have gone for years where i didnt buy any.

         How much of it is from your childhood?
I thought you are as young as you feel.  I'm still in my childhood.  ;-)

    How much time per week do you spend building? (not playing - I hate when
      my wife tells me to stop playing and put my "toys"(!) away!
Any time i can.  My lego area is kind of a mess.  So i am trying to clean it
up so i can build more.

    What is your monthly lego budget?
Whatever i can afford.  Not usually a whole lot.  I have been trying to go
look at garage sales and see what i can find.

    Does any of this cause family conflict?  (For some of you, I wonder
if you have contact with anyone NOT made of abs)

You better know it.  I can get a 1 piece set and i get royally chewed out.

    When you build a large project, do you sketch plans or improvise as you
      go?
I like to build out of my head.  Sometimes if i have a wonderful idea i will
draw it.  But not usually.

Thanks in advance,
"I'm NOT PLAYING, I'm CREATING!!"
"They're NOT TOYS, they're the substance of the imagination!"
Bill