 Castle / 2625
Re: Units and the like (was Re: Erik leaves home)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 15:10:19 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.castle, Eric Lind writes:
Back on topic: I probably missed it, but how would standard, Earth units
(metric or American/British Standard) translate to the various stud units?  A
direct to the proper post would suffice for me.

Using the "Star Wars" standard, there are 2.85 studs/meter.

Jeff
"You can't be a hero hiding underneath your bed"
http://members.xoom.com/aulddragon/

Basing it off of minifig height, my estimate comes to very close to that--
about 2.87 studs = 1 minifig meter (this is based on your average minifig being
6 minifig feet tall, and actually being 42mm tall (5.25 studs or 4.375 bricks
tall)

So for metric, estimating about 3 studs = 1 meter is not too bad... for
"standard" though, I tend to approximate with 1 stud = 1 foot. Of course really
it's 1 stud = 8/7 foot, so you have to add a bit more (although the fact that 7
studs exactly equals 8 feet is nice). But in general that's the standard I
use...

DaveE