 Castle / 20675 (-40)
  Re: Vikings?

(...) And I'm not English speaking, so perhaps "Viking" in English do mean what you quote. But the term "Viking" in Danish mean the Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Icelandic seafaring PEOPLE of the 8th to 11th century, not just the few raiders. And (...) (20 years ago, 3-Feb-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Vikings?

(...) I'd say that definition is a bit 'narrow'. As far as we learn from *our* history books, 'Vikings' are the name given to almost all inhabitants in Norway, Denmark and Sweden (and later Iceland and Greenland), maybe excluding the northernmost (...) (20 years ago, 2-Feb-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Vikings?

Are you using the term Viking here where you should prehaps be using the term Norsemen ? I always thought that 'Viking' was a term for the Warriors. Various online encyclopaedias seem to agree with this.. (URL) for example. quote : The name Viking (...) (20 years ago, 2-Feb-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Vikings?

(...) While this IS the popular thought on Vikings, its not the historical correct one. The Vikings was first of all explorers, conquerors, farmers and merchants - exploring Russia, Iceland, Greenland, North America, and conquering England, Ireland (...) (20 years ago, 2-Feb-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Market Day at the Castle

(...) That's OK as I stole ... errr ... borrowed heavily from someone else in the first place (but can't for the life of me remember who) (20 years ago, 1-Feb-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Market Day at the Castle

I have a close up of one of Williams stalls on my 'shelf account (URL) I can steal .. err I mean take inspiration from them they are pretty neat More fest photos here (URL) James Stacey ------ www.minifig.co.uk Lugnet Member #925 I'm a citizen of (...) (20 years ago, 1-Feb-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Market Day at the Castle

(...) William, This is nice, I highly approve of castles with ports. I didn't see any close ups of the stalls at the market, are there any? Thanks, George (20 years ago, 1-Feb-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Market Day at the Castle

Its Market Day at the Castle. B/Shelf: (URL) Pages: (URL) pictures were taken by James Stacey, after I had set up a small display of just my collection of various of my modular castle/town sections ((URL) and before we ripped it to pieces to add his (...) (20 years ago, 1-Feb-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Post something 2 Castle!

(...) I think that's basicly what's happened. Most of the forum "noise" is over there. If you ask my opinion, the KK2 debate is a bit over-done there. Too many people take exception to the criticisms of the negative product concerns from the first (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Castle Project latest

Thanks Jon, that means a lot to me coming from you as it was my minifigs jelousy of your minifigs houses that pursuaded me to build a lot of the stuff I have in the first place :) Thanks (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Castle Project latest

Thanks Jason. The houses I've been boilding for a long time ever since first stealing .. err I mean being inspired by Jon Furmans creations. So each one tends to be a variation (and hopefully an improvement) of the last, then stick them nice and (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Castle Project latest

Thanks Jojo. Assuming I guess correclty what you mean by "enhanced set style", thats what I was after. I want it to have similar selective compression to a LEGO set. So even though its larger than a official set, the official sets wont look out of (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Castle Project latest

Thanks Matt you make some good points. I was a bit concerned about the front of the new building but when I added detailing to the windows it appeared to be overly heavy. I think maybe just adding detail to one or two of the windows may help lift it (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Town by marakoeschtra

Hey all, Anyone know who "marakoeschtra" is? They built this great (URL) town>. (2 URLs) Bruce (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX) !

  Re: My Castle Project latest

(...) James, As always, incredible work. I think if I were a minifig, this is where I would live. In fact my minifigs are jealous of your minifigs! Keep up the awesome work, I love seeing your stuff. I can't wait to see interiors as well. Jon (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Fortified Town

(...) Something very similar (in the sence that it's also a game and a guy named Gary Thomas took the effort of building a LEGO version) is called "Cathedral". Brickshelf galery: (URL) original Lugnet post: (URL) in turn inspired Jason Spears to (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Fortified Town

(...) Luis, That's a great scene. Carcassonne is great, my eight year old got it for Christmas. It's a German designed tile laying game with a lot of depth, me and my daughters (eight and three) can play a good competitive game without me (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Fortified Town

(...) Hi It's nice to have your opinion! i also like a lot of your work! Now i'm curious about Carcassonne :D. i'll make some searches on internet. Torre de Belem it's not finished yet, you can see the latest pics (URL) and (URL) the latest one was (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Castle Project latest

(...) What else can I say, other than excellent? How about good form and composition? There's such a nice assortnemt of forms and structures, and that definitely catches my eye. The building style in particular (tudor) is pretty much timeless, and (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My Castle Project latest

(...) Looking great James. The project is definitely coming along. I like the houses out by the docks. They are all (URL) clustered together>, but still have individual identities. Well done, thanks for sharing. Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: My Castle Project latest

I've got a déjà-vu. Hello James! That's a great castle and a very nice scenery. It's what I would call sort of "enhanced set style", and I really like that kind of stuff. Bye Jojo (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Fortified Town

Hello! This whole display is great. That's Carcassonne en miniature. Unbelievable how much detail can be put into creations that small. (...) Yeah, I want to see that! BTW, I really like your Torre de Belem! Bye Jojo (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.castle)

  My Castle Project latest

I have after many months posted some pictures of my Castle in its Stage 4 guise. I think thats it complete. The only way I might go from here is to add a town wall or the like. I've tried to capture the new part of it from as many angles as possible (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  Fortified Town

em português no fim (3 URLs) This was my first attempt in this scale. The inspiration came from a book call “Castles from the air”. About 33% of the MOC was built by my wife, Tânia. Now, the next step is to put it on minifig scale :) PLMKWYT!! (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX) !!

  Re: Vikings?

(...) It's not a hoax, and it'll be hitting retail in summer of '05. ...around late June to early July! =) Oh, and welcome back! --==Richard==-- (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Post something 2 Castle!

Hello! (...) OK, I don't have anything new but only a small improvement on an existing small MOC: On (URL) this> small lectern the inclined plane was too smal to actually hold a 2x2 "paper". So by suggestion of Sven M. Hein (URL) I upgraded it like (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Post something 2 Castle!

Hello! "Something". (...) We will se. I'm not going to get too excited about the Vikings until I have seen them with my own eyes. I'm not going to complain, either. I'm looking forward to them, though. (...) You are invited to participate in the (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.castle)

  A little somethin' for everyone

Yo! Yo! Yo! The kid is back, y'all and I got some goodies for all of my lugnet fam!!! Check out my first slew of posts to brickshelf: (URL) of the MOC's contained therein are of Belville scale structures construced out of either Harry Potter or (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.belville, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.harrypotter) !!

  Re: Post something 2 Castle!

(...) I'm a few days away from posting a MOC, although it's not Castle in the "classic" sense. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Post something 2 Castle!

Something... It's been about 2 (two) dayz since the color scandal took over, and still .castle is quiet on all fronts. Surely we've got somethin' interesting going-on up in here. The Vikings are on their way, a few of the KK2 sets are not so bad, (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Vikings?

(...) So, is it a hoax or not? Any idea when these may be coming out? John R. Beck (returning fan) (20 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

To Mr. Jørgen Vig Knudstorp CEO of LEGO Company Billund Denmark Dear Mr. Knudstorp, We are writing to you, the highest authority of the LEGO® Company, to affirm our support of LEGO despite the recent controversial color changes to light grey, dark (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains, lugnet.color) !!

  Re: For Auction: 375 Castle, 383 Knight's Tournament, 677 Knight's Procession +

In lugnet.market.auction, Jason Bardis wrote: [lots...] Since this is an auction, please post it to market.auction only, to avoid pi$$ing everyone off. :] Thanx. [Trimmed lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade and lugnet.castle.] KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203 (20 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.castle)

  Old Lego ads from the 70's and 80's found in kids magazines

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, here is where I place the old Lego ads I find when I dig through all my old kids' cartoons magazines. Hope you like them. (URL) (20 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.town, lugnet.technic, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Vikings?

(...) Thiisssssss makes me happy! Things like this, make me very, very happy!!! I'm happy now, --==Richard==-- Oh, and if this if faked or photo-shoped... well, there will be blood...lotsa blood! (20 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.castle)

  For Auction: 375 Castle, 383 Knight's Tournament, 677 Knight's Procession +

Howdy- I've got a lot Of 3 LEGOLAND Castle Sets From 1978/1979: 375 Castle, 383 Knight's Tournament, 677 Knight's Procession I was going to put this on eBay, but I thought I'd give a try posting to LUGNET first. I am selling my original, complete (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.castle)

  Re: SOB Tapestry Shop for CCC2

(...) snip snip 8< (...) snip snip 8< (...) You beat me to it! I didn't think anyone built anything this way. Yesterday, I built and posted a little house that I built in the same SOBby fashion. (URL) Anyway, your MOC really rox! Especially the (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

___...___ February 2005 To Mr. Jørgen Vig Knudstorp CEO of LEGO Company Billund Denmark Dear Mr. Knudstorp, we are writing to you, the highest authority of LEGO Company, in order to express a matter of utmost importance for our community. We, the (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains, lugnet.color) !!

  Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for discussion!

Dear LEGO® Fans! Below you will find an open letter to the LEGO Company’s CEO. The Intention of the letter is the urgend wish to get back our SYSTEM grey back. I will post this letter 2 times: the second posting is meant to put your name under it. I (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains, lugnet.color) !!

  Re: Vikings?

(...) Glad we're not alone in the "silly" POV on the new knights. My 9 year old was not thrilled with the purple and light blue knights - those aren't knight colors...... He's quite thrilled with the Vikings (horns and all) - he's already got two (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact