 Castle / 20673
Re: Vikings?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 16:58:18 GMT

Are you using the term Viking here where you should prehaps be using the
term Norsemen ? I always thought that 'Viking' was a term for the Warriors.
Various online encyclopaedias seem to agree with this..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vikings for example.
quote : The name Viking is a loan from the native Scandinavian term for the
Norse seafaring warriors who raided the coasts of Scandinavia, Europe and
the British Isles from the late 8th century to the 11th century, the period
of European history referred to as the Viking Age.

I am of course not from the area while you are so prehaps I should bow to
your knowlage :)

--
James Stacey
------