 Castle / 20722
Re: Vikings?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 19:42:26 GMT

snip

So, is it a hoax or not? Any idea when these may be coming out?

John R. Beck (returning fan)

Well, I just read on www.eurobricks.com that vikings are only going to be sold in Europe.

“Vikings for Europe and DINO for USA

2005-02-25 19:06:29 by Jipay

After Jan’s speech, the rumour has spread all over the internet : the vikking line should be european exclusive. No one believed it, but DoubleT e-mailed jake and here is the answer : ’I have just recieved news from Lego (Jake) Its indeed true Vikings will be out In Europe, and Dinosaurs in America.......... So the very last speculation is over......’ Sorry for the US ^^ ”

I’ve never really understood why certain sets are exclusive to particular regions of the world. Maybe TLC feels that DINOs will sell better in the US (I don’t know a little kid who doesn’t like dinosaurs). I could see them thinking that Vikings are more culturally linked to europe and thus sell better there???

drc