 Castle / 20393
Re: Castle Gate and Castle Corner Tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 06:55:24 GMT

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, John Langrish wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Thomas Garrison wrote:
On Sat, 9 Oct 2004, John Langrish wrote:

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/5708

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/4795

I think it would be cool to use one of the rare "left-facing" Falcon
torsos for this shot
but then again, I'm weird.

Could you elaborate on this "left-facing" Falcon torso? I don't believe I've
heard of that before...it interests me greatly...

Jojo discovered them a few years ago
http://news.lugnet.com/castle/?n=9018
(unfortunately, the link to the picture is dead)
Here's a pic
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tgarriso/Misc/falcons.jpg
The one on the right is more rare.

I'm torn on the use of tiling on the crenellation.  On the one hand, it
looks really good.  On the other hand, since it's not carried to the rest
of the stonework it doesn't quite fit. . .

May I ask what you mean {"not carried to the rest of the stonework"}? In my
opinion they went along with the cleanness of the walls. I'm not sure I
understand what you meant.

My mistake, sort of.  I had just been looking at the back of the wall,
under the railing.  Except for that one spot, all the stonework is
studless.  I was thinking of large swaths of studs on the stonework except
on the front, which wouldn't fit with the lack of studs on the
crenellation.  Since the parapet isn't stone, however, there really aren't
many studs on the stone parts.

--
TWS Garrison
http://www.morfydd.net/twsg/