 Castle / 20363
Re: Castle Gate and Castle Corner Tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 2004 11:45:33 GMT

John,

I love both of these creations.  Having worked on a similiar gate myself, I
could see how much time must have gone into building it.  I really liked that
you had your walls built on a rocky elevation and not just on baseplates.  While
they would have still looked great on regular baseplates, the landscape was a
very nice touch.

Secondly, I liked the arrow slits - guarded, simple, and well placed.  The
crenellations on top of the towers and walls are really well done - I really
appreciated all the attention to detail there - you went the extra mile in
making those.

The height of the two creations is very realistic.  The walls are tall and the
towers extra tall.  The back of the battlements is fenced off which is
realistic.

One thing that I would have liked is pictures of the back of the two pieces.
There are a lot of front shots, but no back shots.  I would also like to see
both of the creations together to see what they look like.

Great stuff!

     -- Pawel

http://www.hostultra.com/~verneer/