 Castle / 17249
Re: Standing on the shoulders of Giants
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 04:13:16 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Dave Johann wrote:
   Excellent Job Anthony, but I do have a bone to pick with you here....what’s with the cloth wings?!?! That doesn’t look like Lego to me...I was hoping someone else had finally come up with a strong stable reptillian wing design. :( I guess I wait some more...

Other than that, I think you pulled it off brilliantly! Great body form, claws, tail and head. Fantastic looking Dragon!

-Dave

Thanks much! I will admit the cloth wings are a bit of a cop out, but look at the original wings. I much prefer the way it is now than before. But yes, I agree, it would probably have been better made from plates.

However, in my own defense, even the LEGO group uses cloth where bricks don’t do the job. Pirate ship sails, Bellville accessories, Minifig capes, and there are several full scale darth vader sculptures with full length black cloth capes. So just what is your definition of ‘LEGO’ ;)

But anyway, I’m glad you liked the rest of him. Thanks for the compliments!

And thanks for the reply!

--Anthony