 Castle / 17223
Re: Standing on the shoulders of Giants
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 16:30:13 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Anthony Sava wrote:

   Thus Spake Zarathrustra!

   So without further ado:

<picture snipped>

Well, I must say...leave it to Anthony to generate a wicked draconic project, scales included.

  • More dynamic foot and ankle
  • Added rear leg hip flap and rotation joints
  • Cloth and lighter weight wings
  • Added point of articulation for wings
  • Main spine flex

   I’ve done my best to maximize organicness, so I tried very hard to cover up all gears, axles, everything. Which is ironic, for as complex as he is, I tried to make him look like I’d not used anything complex to build him with. For the most part, I feel like I succeeded. Harder places to cover, like the knees and elbows, could not be easily covered, so instead I created spikes to block them from view.

Well, that seems to have been accomplished...the only concern now is movement articulation. Can this dragon be set in a variety of poses without breaking, or it he fully functional with all of the gears and bits included?

   He’s also quite a bit larger than his original form, so he’s the biggest of the four dragons. I do not have any plans to do similar redesigns for any of the three other dragons.

Hmm...that would be a pretty ambitious project, though. But anything on that scale must be time consuming, so it’s not too surprising.

Well done...very stunning.

Osprey over and out,
(and just about redy to make a few visits to bricklink to ctach up with the rest of .castle)

M.Aaron Hein http:///www.lugnet.com/~1112/Creations/

Not much in terms of criticism here...it would have been nice to have the dragon’s eyes illuminate (with electrical components) or for the joints to be electronically positionable, but that’s probably more ambitious than realistic.