 Castle / 17226
Re: More Poses, Construction Pics too
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Sun, 22 Jun 2003 09:21:39 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Richard Noeckel wrote:
   In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava wrote:
   Wondering where all the pics went?

They’re here, with all new poses and inner working pictures.

http://www.ozbricks.com/ikros/dragon/BigRed.html

PLMKWYT!

--Anthony

Seriously...SO PERFECT!!!

Wow... Thanks! :)

   I’d love to be able to create that... But i don’t think i have the parts. (looks like a whole lot of Technic went into that)

You’d be surprised. The number of technic bricks I used is actually pretty low, since I was doing my best not to have any exposed technic holes or anything. I ended up just using basic 1x and 2x bricks for the majority of him.

   I wonder if you could create a dragon that beautiful at half the size. Would the mechanization still function in the same way?

Yes, you could, but I don’t know about the weight factor. The joints as they are are very strong, but if you shrank them I don’t know what would happen. You can’t really keep the size of the joints and shrink the dragon, though. Look at his rear legs. They could only possibly be moved closer together by two studs. Possibly three if you did some fancy redesigning.

But to answer the question definitively: Yes, it would be possible, and the joints would still function. How well they would function is a totally different matter.

   Y’know, it’s actually one of my goals to have a scale model working Lego Trebuchet and fully articulated dragon. Now all i have to do is copy your model, find enough black and dark-gray pieces, locate all the necessary joint rotation parts and then...in something like 6 years i too will have a dragon like yours... ;)

Once you get a basic understanding of what goes into building something like this, it really goes rather quickly. Eric Sophie can atest to that. With the amount of technic bricks that went into him, and the amount of technic bricks that you can actually see, as long as you could find a good price on black and dark grey basic plates and bricks you could easily do it.

Of course, there are over 1800 red, yellow and light grey plates involved in Formeathan ;)

   I AM SOOOOOooooooo envious of you right now. If i lived closer to you i’d wanna come over to your house jus’ to play a war game against your Dragon.

Too Kewl!

--==Richard==--

I don’t know what you’d accomplish, there probably isn’t much a minifig could do to defend himself against my monster ;) You, yourself, however, might fair differently... :) But in any case you’d be welcome to visit.

Thanks for the reply!

--Anthony