 Castle / 17208
Re: Standing on the shoulders of Giants
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 20:12:51 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   Anthony! WOW!

To save from the gushing you are sure to recieve from this project, let me say that I’m super happy now that I’m going to Brickfest this year! I’ll get to see this badboy in person!

Not too much gushing yet. I guess he’s just not as impressive as I thought without some proof of him not being just a statue. But it really doesn’t matter, I didn’t rebuild him for the glory, I did it to prove to myself that I could make something that wasn’t so fragile and hard to pose as the original dragons.

I’m looking forward to seeing you, as well as everyone else at Brickfest, also. I’ve been trying to go for three years now, and now I finally have a chance.

   Only criticism: his neck seems a bit thin, especially by comparison to his tail. but if it holds it up.. it holds it up!

-lenny

Yeah, the neck is a little thin, but only from that side-on view. Actually, the thinnest part of the tail is only two plates thicker than the neck, and if I ordered more parts I could make the neck just as thick. After the LEGO Roadshow in Dallas I may just do that.

And thanks for the response!

--Anthony