 Castle / 16091
Re: Epic of the Beyhadur: Completion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 22:29:17 GMT

In lugnet.castle, John P. Henderson writes:
In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman writes:
despite some minor typos here and there.. here it is:

http://www.lugnet.com/~1168/beyhadur/

I loved your story through to the end, Lenny.  And I would love to see ever
more of this kind of storytelling.

Thanks Hendo!  It was tons of fun to do, and I'm in the process of writing my
next one.

One question, did you work out a storyboard including exactly which MOCs you
would need before building, or did you build first and then design the story
around your MOCs?

story first, and then the MOCs.  I wrote a 'script' where I designated how many
pictures I'd have, and exactly how they would break up with the
narration/dialogue.  Each narration was numbered (ie. b01,b34,b57, etc) I then
noted which picture would be in which set.  Built the set, took all the photos
that take place at that set, and then destroyed the set in order to build the
next one.

When I downloaded the images from my digital camera, I renumbered them so
they're the same as the narrations, so my computer would automatically order
them correctly.  Then, I used photoshop to add words, dialogue bubbles, and
touch up any problem photos.

Although I did not do this, I'd recommend making sure the pictures you turn out
good before tearing down a given set.

I really enjoyed this type of construction because it combines my two favorite
parts of lego construction: creation and destruction.  Also it also each set to
be as large as any other set.  If I had built them all at the same time, all
the sets would have to be much smaller and much less quality build.  Also, I
believe alot of building stresses creativity, and this style makes you build
quite a few mocs in a short period and then tear them apart to build new ones -
creativity is well exercised.

Hope this all makes sense.  I'm planning on making a short 'making of', with
pictures.  I think it is really easy to do and gives great results.

peace
_lenny