 Castle / 15219
Re: The second wave of bulk parts packs is here!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 05:08:14 GMT

My agreements, perhaps lego left out the armor to give us
customers more incentive to go out and purchase a hogwart's
castle for the holidays.

That's probably not their motive, but for some people it will be the end
result anyway.

On the other hand, I do believe the reason the light grey visor helmet is
included in the accessory pack is because they are readily available due to
them being in Hogwart's Castle. It's most cost effective for LEGO to make
service packs using parts that are already being manufactured because it
costs time and money to change colors or molds in the factory. I believe
that principle is the same reason why the new low-sloped black roof packs
became available - because they are already being manufactured for the
Oriental Adventure sets coming in January.

I'm tempted to purchase a few of these as well. (they'll
probably be backordered in a week or so...)

I ordered three of them earlier today and I already received a shipment
confirmation e-mail. (along with some other stuff to get free shipping)  I'd
get more, but I want to wait for the next catalog to see if there is a bulk
discount on those as well as the new plates and roof brick packs. I only
bought a few now because I feared they might sell out very fast and I don't
want to miss out completely if they do.

(Wonder if they'll release a castle/ harry potter hybrid accessory pack anytime soon?)

Not likely. I actually thought about this, and I don't there will be Harry
Potter service packs just because there's too much repitition. I mean, if
you own ten harry potter sets then you probably already have 7 harry potters
which means you have 7 harry potter wands and 7 harry potter capes, so I
don't think there would be too many people who want any more of them.

On the other hand, a pack of foam green cones, small arched windows, and
harry potter style doors (as an example) could be made available. They
wouldn't want to call it a Harry Potter expansion pack because they'd have
to pay extra to put the words "harry potter" on it, but it could contain
elements similar to what you find in many of the Harry Potter sets and I
think it would be at least semi-popular. However, they'll probably wait
until later in the HP line before doing that (if ever) because right now I'm
sure they're happy with people buying 10 Dobby's Release sets just to get 20
small arched windows.

Much the same, castle fans will probably buy a lot of the Orient Adventure
sets just to get scimitars and turbans. (I'll just buy a couple and wait for
an accessories pack.) :)

I was actually going to buy the two everest sets mainly for the black roof
pieces, but since they made a service pack with them I don't need to
anymore. I still might buy some depending on price. I'd like to get the
palace if it's $40 or below. Since they aren't paying for a licensed name
the OA sets should have more "bang for your buck" than the harry potter
stuff and I've wanted to make some arabian nights themed stuff for a while
anyway.

Wow, I rambled on quite a bit...