 Castle / 14407
Re: More custom castle helms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 02:42:09 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jeff Byrd writes:
Hey,
  Well, I'm the guy with the "LITTLE ARMORY". Any questions?

Judging from the pictures, it looks like you are taking stock pieces of
plastic and cutting/glueing basic shapes together to get you final piece.
The Great Helm (beautifully done) looks like you have worked over an
existing minifig helm...?   Can you describe your process for making your
prototypes?

Bruce

Hey Bruce,
   Yes, the Great Helm was indeed made over an existing helmet. I'm
most likely going to remake it(better), or change a few things in the
mold itself when it come time. There are other helmets in the works...

   Process of making them? By the seat of my pants, really. I figure
out WHAT I'm going to make, then HOW to make it, and finally start
cutting and glueing. That's about it. It's fairly simple, usually.

   Jeff