 Castle / 14390
Re: More custom castle helms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 05:27:43 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Byrd writes:
Hey,
  Well, I'm the guy with the "LITTLE ARMORY". Any questions?

Judging from the pictures, it looks like you are taking stock pieces of
plastic and cutting/glueing basic shapes together to get you final piece.
The Great Helm (beautifully done) looks like you have worked over an
existing minifig helm...?   Can you describe your process for making your
prototypes?

  Oh, and btw...BAKING sculpey? Not for such small pieces like
helms. Try boiling a little water, then carefully put your piece
in. Let it boil for about 2-5 minutes(size thing)and you're done.

Oh sure, just don't pay any attention to the 15-20 minutes time they give.
Just a minute or two so the thing just won't start dropping and losing its
shape so easy when it picks up the heat from your hands.  One can carve a
bit more successfully in the unbaked state by simpy tossing the Sculpey in
the refrigerator (or even freezer if you are impatient like me) till it
firms back up.

Bruce