 Castle / 14377
Re: More custom castle helms (Kyle!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 19:44:29 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Kyle Peterson writes:
In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
Kyle, you still around?  I went back to this message to do some research on
the Sculpey process, but your web page seems to be inaccessable now.
Bruce

Bruce (and others),

I have pretty much been lurking around at LUGNET and not actively building
anything.

I did draft up a quick (primitive) tutorial to help people get started on
sculpting custom helmets for their minifigures.

Perhaps it might give you some pointers?

http://www.armothe.com/lego/minifigs/customhelm/tutorial1.html

Here is a piture of some of the helmets in action:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/armothe/CustomStickers/1community.gif

-Kyle

Thanks for the reply!  In the meantime, I shaved the top off a traditional
bullet helm, slapped on some binary epoxy putty, let it cure, and now I'm in
the process of grinding it into something that looks like a great helm (the
flat top variety).  Why slap it on an existing helm?  That way it fits onto
a minifig head without an fuss.  It's all probably moot if Jeff's Armory
produces the great helm prototype he's showing, but what the heck...

Bruce