 Castle / 14325
Re: Rate the factions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 16:53:51 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Saskia van Doesburg writes:

I can tell when you have done it (and since I'm
posting this, guess what someone has done).

Bruce

I think I did, but I really didn't mean to.
Maybe it was easier if you could rank the figs from high to low. Now I gave
my favourite themes 10 points and the themes I didn't care about zero or
didn't rate them at all, but I didn't expect that that would mean that I
gave them 0 points.

I thought people would find it a pain to rank that many factions and keep
track of where they placed them.  Further, I thought ranking might create
some artificially large gaps.

Perhaps the rating option needs a "No opinion" or perhaps the default should
be set to average (5).  If anyone has yet to take the poll, go take a look
at the figs you aren't familiar with, or please rate the faction you aren't
familiar with as a 5.

At first I thought it would go like; favourite fig 10 points, least
favourite fig 0 points.

I'm a huge castle fan, but I don't know all the theme's by name (and also,
english is not my native language). So I ranked only the themes I was sure
of, and the ones I like.
Sorry, didn't mean to mess up.

This is a function of the system, rather than abuse.  No apology needed.
Thanks for the explanation, though!

Bruce