 Castle / 13402
Re: Village, etc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 21:22:30 GMT

In lugnet.castle, William Braun writes:
Hi all-
i need some Ideas as to what to build. I already
know ill build a blacksmith shop and a bakery, but thats it.

As others have said, a tavern, a church, a market would all be good.  Some
garden plots, livestock (see, for instance, a herd of sheep in Dave Eaton's
village cited by Anthony Sava in this thread), a barn, a stable.  All of
these would focus on the essentially rural nature of the village.
Andy Lynch has some great things here:
especially the knife sharpener.  In Dan Siskind's original Blacksmith Shop
there is a spinning wheel that I think didn't make it into the official Lego
set:
http://www.brickmania.com/models/blacksmith.photo4.jpg
Looking around his site, Dan also has a great barn:
http://www.brickmania.com/castle/barn.html

Is tan or green a better color for a village?
I have lots of tan half plates from Ft. Legoredo and other west sets.

I'd say both colors work great.  Tan is for dirt areas and green for
plant-covered areas.  If you've got a lot of tan plates, go with that.

Also , what is the best way to store legos? in one large bucket or what.

I sort into plastic resealable baggies by piece size and then into plastic bins.

Bruce