 Castle / 13393
Re: Village, etc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 9 Jun 2002 12:51:39 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Kishin Wadhwani writes:

Hey, thanks for the referral Leah!  My Corincia is a bit small to be considered
a village I'd think, but hey, whatever works :).   I just wanted to point out
directly the best lego town that I know of.  It may not be inclusive or
historically accurate, but it's certainly my favorite.

Dave Eaton's lego village :

http://www.suave.net/~dave/newtown.cgi

--Anthony

http://www.ozbricks.com/ikros

I know this Question may sound stupid but how do you slant the plates to use
as roofs?I might start building a village of my own soon.

There are many ways.
Here:
http://www.suave.net/~dave/images/newtown/alltown_ne.jpg
if you look at the house near the bottom-left hand corner, you can see that
the two 2-plate thick roof plates are linked at the top with some pairs of
1X2 plate hinges.  Then, just before the roof ends, the lower plates stop.
I would suppose they end at a bump that keeps the roof up.  If you don't
understand, just look at the house I pointed out.

You can also use car-roof hinges,  1X2brick hinges, peg hinges... and many
other ways.

BTW, one of Lego's idea books has an intersting scene:
http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0260-1990/0260-36.html
and the next page.

John Kruer