 Castle / 13260 (+20)
  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) Ooh, holy war alert! I would say that the parapet should shield a standing minifig. Thus, from wall walk to the top the crenal should be four or five bricks, with embrassures at about two bricks. Crenels should be three or four studs wide[1]. (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Bruce's Lord of the Rings makes Toyfare

(...) You would be referring to my favourite magazine which I just happened to scan every Lego related article I could find. I'm missing a few of the issues from #1-10 but Toyfare didn't really think Lego bricks were cool until they got the StarWars (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Doing less with more

"Jeff Stembel" <aulddragon@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:GwGJGL.L1A@lugnet.com... (...) Now you are REALLY starting to sound like Mookie! :) Troy (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) Great! I'd love it if everyone coming could bring at least one 16x16 baseplate module. I was thinking of using 8x16 baseplates as roads to separate groups of modules. Any thoughts? I have an idea for cobblestone roads, and I think it'd be a (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) Thanks for taking this task upon yourself, Troy. :) As for suggestions, I'm partial to flat front surfaces on town walls, like those found at Conwy Castle. If you want to get very detailed, you could put 1x2 technic bricks at even intervals (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

Thanks for the "nod." I think though that my walls are much too short, and a new standard should be devised. I'm hoping that work in this area will occur soon, and that this new standard will be propagated to other for maximum participation. Rich -- (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

I'm going to do some more work on the wall tonight. I'll probably make the wall itself shorter while making the battlements taller so as to provide more protection. I'll also try 4 stud crenials with 2 stud spacing to see how it looks. (i'm trying (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  It's a Norman Keep, don't ya know...

People have been asking about the following picture on my Brickshelf pages: (URL) my explaination is that it's prototype for a Norman Keep I am designing as my next custom castle kit. The blue roof is of a slightly altered Blacksmith Shop I built on (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: It's a Norman Keep, don't ya know...

The exterior looks cool, though the blue roof seems a repetition of the Blackmith shop roof. I look forward to the interior of the kkep! Jackie (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  It's like deja vu all over again!

All right folks, I still don't have a *new* chapter for you, but how about a new chapter for you? I have successfully illustrated a previously unillustrated chapter, and it's awaiting viewing by the masses. I've taken the part 2 of chapter 3, The (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Use MLCad/LDraw and own Kings Castle (6091/6098)?

Sorry if you feel this is off-topic, but as I've had no reply in lugnet.cad I'm going to post here (just once). I've finished my rendition of the baseplate from Kings Castle (6091/6098) and need someone to check it. If you have both posession of the (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

Nice to see this thread coming back! I suggest a wall of around 13 brick height, including battlements. For example, a 3 brick high slope at the base on tope of which you can either have a 6 high wall section, or just build up with bricks. Top that (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: It's a Norman Keep, don't ya know...

Dan, Nice to see another big scale castle MOC. The keep looks very solid and I see you have found some way to make individual cross shaped arrow slits, very nice! Nice "fore-building" for the entrance I've forgotten what this is called, and it's (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  New MOC: Royal Knights Fortified Isle

Also, Royal Knights theme added. Damien (URL) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle)

  Guys, I am selling all my armor and weapons!!!

I posted this here to give you guys a heads up, since most of you guys have been swell. Take a look at the Buy and sell section and see my add. All you who know me, know the stuff is in Excellent condition, Its one of my pet peeves. lol I have (...) (22 years ago, 25-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Guys, I am selling all my armor and weapons!!!

I posted this here to give you guys a heads up, since most of you guys have been swell. Take a look at the Buy and sell section and see my add. All you who know me, know the stuff is in Excellent condition, Its one of my pet peeves. lol I have (...) (22 years ago, 25-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  I have one of those sets !

Hi all, I've just read the thread about this subject, and must say, i have this set: (URL) found it at queen's day this year, a national tradition here in Holland where everyone cleans their attic and sells their junk (and even some fools buy it... (...) (22 years ago, 26-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: I have one of those sets !

(...) Hmmm... Thats interesting. Bad quality control for a bad clone brand. But the auction- anybody notice that seller 'Kenny Ho' is not registered now? Does that meean that he's been suspended? Has anyone complained to Ebay yet? John Kruer (22 years ago, 26-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Announcing the next LEGO Modelmaking Experience at LEGOLAND Windsor

(...) This sight made me truly physically ill! (URL) For I was sick with ‘ENVY!’ !!100!! round Castle shields! (I can only dream of this) You are indeed a lucky man A great choice of specialized elements here: (URL) respect your keen eye, the (...) (22 years ago, 26-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.castle)

  my new custom weapons

hi everybody i finally got some pix of my new custom weapons, i make and sale them on www.bricklink.com my custom warrior swords and sheaths: (URL) my custom katana swords and sheaths: (URL) me know what everybody thinks, if interested in any email (...) (22 years ago, 27-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact