 Castle / 13070 (+20)
  Re: New release of Castle series

I found the transcript here (URL) ...stus_qa.pdf after reading it i found out i was wrong about the TLC vs Lego direct thing but read question 35, he said they probably wouldnt do a major retail theme, (but he doesnt garantee) peter your replys are (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: query about set 1547

(...) for a picture of what it is supposed to look like go here (URL) brad (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) I agree wholeheartedly that they should come out with some Saracens. Curved swords, round shiels w/spike, funky turban helms. I would love it! If not, I would even settle for Moors. Aaron D. (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: query about set 1547

(...) different. The clip on the front of the Dragon head is a different one. Jeff (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) I think this could be a great theme. It would open up other great possibilities, like a castle in tan with an Eastern flavour. Perhaps it could also go in the direction of fairy tales/fantasy with flying carpets and the like, which might be (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) If it were up to me I would pass on the fairy tale/fantasy elements. But I will take some Lego Camels! (the animal kind) (...) Good idea, although I dislike disfiguring my Lego weapons. Another approach would be to use the purple turban from (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Three new Castle MOCS

William, It just kept getting better. I looked at the keep and said "cool!". Then I looked at the inn and liked it even more, then the house and I liked that best of all. I really like the modular design of the inn and house. The color scheme on the (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: query about set 1547

That's funny. I think it looks better with the clip shown in the instructions (the one that holds tools vertically), but Peeron agrees with the photograph of the completed model, listing the clip that holds tools horizontally in their inventory: (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: *New release of Castle series*

(...) ~Take a look ! (URL) ¤Sincerely, --==RïçhårÐ==-- (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2003, lugnet.general)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) For me, I think an early roman theme would do quite good as well, or for that matter, a renedition of the crusader wars from the 12th century (I think). What would really do well, would be that we already have an abundance of roman style (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  New newsgroup suggestion: build.fantasy

There's a discussion on admin.suggestions at the moment about a possible new newsgroup for discussion of fantasy MOCs (sparked by a thread on possible Dragonriders of Pern models). I know some people discuss fantasy models here. If you have feelings (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) I agree with what you say about the romans, but *why limit to the romans* when there are lots of people from the Classic Ages? Think Greeks, Phoenicians, Chartaginians, Gauls, Germans, Britons,... it would be a never-ending theme, every year (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Three new Castle MOCS

(...) Hi Bruce, thanks for the comments, I hadn't yet seen The Prancing Pony and his design is amazing. I'm not sure how I missed it. That is the kind of inn I would love to build. Money and my current brick shortage are some of the factors that (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Oh hey! I'd definitely go for some Saracens - and I wouldn't turn down some Byzantines to beat back the Islamic invaders <g>. But I'd *really* love some Saracens. And Greeks, and Romans, and Persians..... Bruce (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Knight's Kingdom helmet is roman styled?!? Surely you don't mean the kettle hat? Perhaps the ersatz salade the Bulls (and earlier) have - I'd like to see a real roman helmet rather than press that into service. (...) Chain would be far more (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Oh Yah, ToTaLlY! Castle is among the best themes for future development!!! There are so many different periods that haven’t even been explored! And even more than periods, past cultures can be explored. Not jus’ the ethnocentric westernized (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: query about set 1547

My one has a horizontal clip in its mouth FWIW -- James Stacey ---...--- www.minifig.co.uk #925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado "Bruce Hietbrink" <bnh@chem.ucla.edu> wrote in message news:GvHwMn.Iur@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Three new Castle MOCS

Hi William, I like what you have done with the manor house. It's a very inposing building. I also like how you have made the floors removable to allow easier access. Well done sir. one thing I would say is maybe the door frame needs a little more (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Totally agree. Say for example I will rather buy more MISB of old castle sets in ebay instead of the juniorised King Leo's Castle. Jackie (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New release of Castle series

(...) Hi, Adam. Thanks very much for letting me know. I have just visited the site and vote for the Yellow Castle also (I already have the Black Falcon's Fortress!) Too bad my other favourites e.g the Black Monarch's Castle, or Eldorado Fortress (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact