 Castle / 12615
Re: Hi, I'm New!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 22:04:35 GMT

In lugnet.castle, William Archibald writes:
Hi, I'm knew to lugnet, although I have been lurking around for a few months. >I'm a bit young (11)...

P.S. I'm not actually a life member of lugnet, just a posting person.

Welcome William! ...Well first, let me say that as long as you hang out and
perhaps contribute constructive thoughts or MOCs, then I think of you as a
member of the greater Lego fan community.  (Whether you are a full member of
LUGNET or not shouldn't change how you are received.)

Second, age is no where near as important as maturity.  And I would say
there is a fair share of that in this group, even among the youngest
members.  Most important is that you love Lego!  Myself, I am closing in on
30.  And I really wish a community like this existed when I was your age.
Only in the past year did my perception of how grand a MOC can be evolve to
a new and more creative level.  This wasn't due to my age so much as my lack
of stimulation that hanging out in this forum can provide.  If this train of
thought began when I was 11 or 12, imagine how advanced I might be now!   :-)

Cheers, and play well!
-Hendo