 Castle / 12341
    VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript —Ahui Herrera
   Brad Justus, Sr. VP of Lego Direct did a question and answer session at Brickswest. I have completed the transcript of this event. You can download the .pdf file from here. (URL) Herrera (22 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript —Magnus Lauglo
   (...) Thanks for posting that, some interstingreading there. I do appreciate Brad Justus taking the time to associate Lego Direct with the AFOL community and making it vlear he takes our views seriously. I guess we won't be seeing a new lego castle (...) (22 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript —Aaron Dalan
   (...) With three more books expected, plus six more movies, plus the spectacular sales for the first line of Harry Potter stuff, we could be in for a LONG wait. Aaron D. (22 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript —Andy Lynch
   ----- Original Message ----- From: "Aaron Dalan" <adalan24@yahoo.com> To: <lugnet.castle@lugnet.com> Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 1:07 PM Subject: Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript (...) at (...) appreciate Brad (...) community (...) (22 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript —Jason Cicchini
     (...) Hey andy, The only time formal attire comes up in the books so far is the Fourth book: the goblet of fire. the students are asked to wear "formal robes" to commemorate the tri-wizard tournament, however the book explains these robes are just (...) (22 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter)

        Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript —Bruce Hietbrink
   (...) Well, there are all those ghosts. Maybe the headless hunt that Nearly Headless Nick was so keen on joining? In general, though, what is probably more likely is an assortment of characters that would be good for medieval towns. Bruce (22 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript —Daniel Ravenda
   (...) Alright I am tired of hearing you guys moan about Harry potter. About a year or 2 ago a read on the lego sit that they are comeing out with a harry potter line. I also read they are olny makeing movies for the first 2 books. I was a bit sad (...) (22 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript —Magnus Lauglo
     Danny, you make some very good points. (...) I also have my doubts about just how well 7 whole HP movies can do. If the movies start to lose the public's interest, the lego HP line will likewise stop selling well. I don't think we will be seeing HP (...) (22 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript —James Stacey
     I'm afraid I agree with you I dont belive they will ever get round to making all seven books (people can point and jeer in years to come if Im wrong). Dealing with the childrens market fads like HP never last. look at Pokemon, Power Rangers, Turtles (...) (22 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript —Mike Petrucelli
      (...) There is a major difference between fads and HP. Namely the adults. Most adults dislike the fads. With HP half the fans are adults. At the very least the books will sell to the adults who are hooked. -Mike Petrucelli (22 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

          Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript —James Stacey
      Fair point about the books but the driving force behind HP is the hype. lots of very popular books do very well, but its the hype that translates into the childrens marketing market. As far as I know JKR has finished scribbling the last of the books (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

          Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript —Benjamin Medinets
      (...) I have to agree with you on that point...the HP line was geared for children. Yes, a lot of adults follow (including me) HP very closely. Even I am not that impressed with the HP Lego line, and I'm a major enthusiast of it (read: Lego Freak). (...) (22 years ago, 10-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

          Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript —Matt Hein
      (...) Yeah. The models are a bit too simplistic though. When I build, I'm looking for a challange, not something that will take me five minutes to build, and then set on my shelf to gather dust. (...) The tan parts and the train windows are (...) (22 years ago, 10-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript —Leonard Hoffman
     (...) i don't agree. i think brad believes "HP is castle" in the retail sense, but obviously not. thus allowing Lego Direct to release the two best castle sets in a long time without fearing overlap in sales. It isn't the same relation when he says (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript —Andy Lynch
   Daniel, ----- Original Message ----- From: "daniel ravenda" <vendezzz@aol.com> (...) quantity), (...) Nearly Headless (...) characters (...) <snip> Hmmm. I don't think either Bruce or myself were moaning about Harry Potter sets. I actually like them (...) (22 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript —Anthony Sava
   In lugnet.castle, Andy Lynch writes: SNIP (...) While I'll agree with that, but some of the other torsos I like. For example Hermione... or however you spell the blasted thing, from Diagon Alley is wearing a blue turtle neck sweater, or at least (...) (22 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: VP of Lego Direct @ Brickswest 2002 Transcript —Daniel Ravenda
   (...) Well Andy the robes for the professers can be kings robes. The school uniform is nice I used one on catrina my minifig. (...) Hold the phone. Now Mom always tells me we all have our opinions , but the best set is clearl Hagrids Hut. You get (...) (22 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)