 Castle / 12140 (+20)
  Estuary Stronghold revisited

Estuary Stronghold is a large Castle MOC I built about two years ago. Pictures of it were on my site for a short period, but due to technical difficulties (and my attention directed elsewhere), they have not been accesible since. Now 'Lego on my (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Caèr-Lwyrin

Hi all. Just a collective answer rather than an individual one for all of you. I'm lazy. ;-) Thanks all for your congratulations and encouragements. I'm proud of having such answers from eminents and known builders like you. I'm working on an other (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Caèr-Lwyrin

Hullo Denix, and welcome to.castle Your model is really great, as others have said the rocky island is very effective.I like the way the rooves have been done to, the whole castle has a very scottish feel to it :) Lwyrin certainly dosn't appear in (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Estuary Stronghold revisited

(...) I get a few hours to do it justice, I'll take the extended tour, but the pics I did see were great. A very nice medevial walled city. George (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Estuary Stronghold revisited

Doesn't want to load in Netscape 4.7x :( Tamy (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help! I'm being overrun by minifigs!

I knew I could find someone more insane than me (but waiting to collect Castle until Fright Knights was on clearance kinda slowed me down, I'll admit). "See, dear, my collection isn't that big!" :-) (...) I thought the Crusaders encompassed the (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Arrow Slits

(...) Andy, *Very* nice, sir! :-) Thanks, Franklin (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Arrow Slits

I tried this last night, and came up with something that looks OK. I posted some LDraw images to Brickshelf: (URL) second and third images are color-coded; the dark grey parts are 1x2 plates with 1 stud and the blue is a 1x1 tile. The third and (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Arrow Slits

(...) Yeah those ends are real sweet. (...) I'll keep that in mind, but I'm away from my lego now, and still digicam illiterate, so I won't be able to get anything up anytime soon. cheers Magnus (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Arrow Slits

Nice window on the church! (...) I understand what you mena (I think). The only problem is that the horisontal part of the slit would still be one brick wide. I've been thinking about how to do cross arrow slits that would be around half a brick (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Estuary Stronghold revisited

Eric, Awesome! There seems to be a wave of new castles being posted recently, which is very cool. I love the way you have done semicircular curve on the big keep. I really like how you have added so many original things like the cargo crane and (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help! I'm being overrun by minifigs!

(...) My brain positively boggles at these quantities. I have 50 of those, and I thought that was a lot, and you have 10 times as many? Jeez!! Adrian -- www.brickfrenzy.com (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help! I'm being overrun by minifigs!

(...) Where/how on earth did you get so many figs?! All of my minifigs added together would probably be less than 300... (I've got around 80,000 pieces in my collection) -Bryan (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help! I'm being overrun by minifigs!

(...) What was mine at the start of this thread, 750? Plus maybe 50 more still in pieces from my son's last major campaign, and another 100 in boxes at least. Closing in on a thousand, and that in the space of two years (quick search on Lugnet for (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help! I'm being overrun by minifigs!

(...) my guess is buying mass quantities of castle sets, probably (hopefully) on clearance, and mostly smaller stuff with a lot of figures.... ninja knights, knight minifig packs...etc black knight, etc. then again, I can't really say too much (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help! I'm being overrun by minifigs!

(...) I started counting my army the other day, but posts like these make me want to give up! Your force completely dwarfs mine, especially when it comes to the newer lines (1991-on). Any chance you could set them all up on a giant stretch of floor, (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Estuary Stronghold revisited

(...) I'd love to see the steps involved in 'The Making of Estuary Stronghold!' So very many incredible points of detail are included in you work. We’d all enjoy seein’ more of this masterful creation… a long time fan, --==Richard==-- (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help! I'm being overrun by minifigs!

(...) Allow me to add my voice to yours Aaron, in asking the ‘Magnificent Mr. Park’ to showcase his incredible accumulation. I'd honestly be –ecstatic- to see a collection larger than mine! (For I've only assembled a little over *1000 fully armed (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  I have build my Blacksmith's shop

Last saturday the package arrived: sand red roof pieces, Belville magic parts and, tatatata; the Blacksmith Shop!! Yesterday evening I finished this wonderfull model. It was a joy to get the box in my hands: a colourfull, big and heavy one. So many (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help! I'm being overrun by minifigs!

(...) Hehehe, I recently married a woman who actually supports my habits! In the past few months, she's given me 15 Guarded Inns, 100 Defense Archers, etc. (...) Usually they do, but once an army gets to certain numbers, it reaches critical mass and (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact