 Castle / 1032
Re: 2000 castle sucks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 13:34:06 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Johnston writes:
Jonathan Wilson wrote:

From what I know of it 2000 castle sucks overall.
It has several poops like that arch piece. The new castle tower pieces
are also crap. Castle has become juniorised.

Duh, I even forgot to reply to the main thrust of this message.

Anyway, IMHO, 2000 castle does *not* suck.  Both of the Bulls/Cowpack sets
I've picked up (Catapult Crusher and Axe Cart) have been pretty nifty, and
the Guarded Treasury looks like it's going to be good (haven't assembled it
yet.)  Heck, the only thing wrong with the Royal Joust was the price, and
sales will fix that.

Guarded Treasury is *great* in my opinion.  Here is the short review I made of
it:

-------------
6094 Guarded Treasury
101 pcs, $14.99  *Great Buy!*

I think this set will make up the bulk of extra castle purchases this
year.  It has a lot of great pieces, and the only minifigs that come with it
are grunts.  My biggest complaint with this set is the Tower piece.  It is a
3x4x6 Half-Tower piece, and has no indentations to take bricks like the old
tower and wall pieces do.  The good stuff include the blue 75 degree corner
slopes, the Lion's Head Lintels, the Brown torches, the Gray arched
window with a wrought iron bar pane, and the two minifigs.

One minifig is an English Pikeman with a plate armor deco torso, and a
Royal Knights II Medium Shield.
The other minifig is a Bulls Soldier, with a scale or brigandine armor
deco torso, and a Kite Shield with a bull head symbol.

I'm gonna get multiples of this one, thats for sure.  :)

Jeff