 Castle / 1047
Re: inventories, was Re: Black feathers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 16:09:49 GMT

Yes, I made a spreadsheet for myself with all the elements in it - just
concatenated Margo's text files, stripped the headers, and then sorted by piece
type and colour.  I use Excel, which makes it easy to do filters and sorts
without fooling around with writing queries.  You're welcome to the file, just
drop me an e-mail.

I had heard a while ago that Margo had done Space in the same fashion as
Castle and Pirate - has anyone heard any news on that?  That would be
wonderful, since it's the only big theme without a lot of inventories (Town and
Train are well covered by Tim Vattima's database).  We love ya, Margo!

Cheers, Heather

In lugnet.castle, John DiRienzo writes:
  Thanks Heather,
  I had not thought to consult Margo's inventories, which I downloaded long
ago, but always forget to utilize.  When I downloaded the inventories, I
thought they could be more useful in a database or spreadsheet form, where I
could search to find which sets had a specific part.  You seemed to find
those pretty quickly; have you or someone else done what I am thinking
about?
  I am really grateful to Margo for all that work she did on the
inventories, as well as for her master Castle set list, and it would be nice
if I and others could use all that info more easily.  I also wish those fans
of other types of Lego would inventory their stuff like she did, so I could
find cheaper alternatives when searching for specific pieces - Castle is a
kinda pricey theme.

--
  Have fun!
  John
Heather Patey wrote in message ...
In lugnet.castle, John DiRienzo writes:
Now my question... I never thought of
black feathers as rare (unless I noticed it when I was 12, and decided to
horde them then) but are 6073 and 6035 the only sets to include them?  Is
that accurate?  I've got a lot of 6035s (my favorite small set... because • of
the knight bedecked in black and "junior" red canopies!) and will be • looking
for more.

Hi John,

From Margo's castle-and-pirate inventories, I see that black feathers • appeared
in 1974, 6035, 6066, and 6073, one set in each.  They are the rarest • colour, I
believe.  I'm fond of 6035 as well - a perfect set to use on each side of • the
entrance to a grand promenade leading to a castle.  They're also easier to • get
than 6073, that's for sure.

Heather Patey
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
Pirate Wench / Brick Detective