 Castle / 1035
1034  |  1036
Subject:
Black feathers, was 2000 castle rocks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 14:35:38 GMT

Jeff Johnston wrote in message <3858E765.F6C7AA78@mediaone.net>...
Jonathan Wilson wrote:

From what I know of it 2000 castle sucks overall.
It has several poops like that arch piece. The new castle tower pieces
are also crap. Castle has become juniorised.

Duh, I even forgot to reply to the main thrust of this message.

Anyway, IMHO, 2000 castle does *not* suck.  Both of the Bulls/Cowpack sets
I've picked up (Catapult Crusher and Axe Cart) have been pretty nifty, and
the Guarded Treasury looks like it's going to be good (haven't assembled it
yet.)  Heck, the only thing wrong with the Royal Joust was the price, and
sales will fix that.

   I agree with ya, Jeff!  Its nice, I mean really nice, to have new Castle
sets!  Where did you find them?!?!
   Now this is funny, Cowpack...  I noticed that Huw Millington's new site
(www.brickset.co.uk) refers to Wolf Pack as Wolf People.  So, will his site
name these new cow guys the Cow People?  Has an official name been
discovered for these new guy's yet, anyway?
   I looked at your want list...  to answer your ? - a pitchfork was
included in 6103 as well as 1974.  Now my question... I never thought of
black feathers as rare (unless I noticed it when I was 12, and decided to
horde them then) but are 6073 and 6035 the only sets to include them?  Is
that accurate?  I've got a lot of 6035s (my favorite small set... because of
the knight bedecked in black and "junior" red canopies!) and will be looking
for more.
--
   Have fun!
   John