 Castle / 1049
Re: 2000 castle sucks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 17:11:51 GMT

Jeff Johnston wrote:

Jonathan Wilson wrote:

From what I know of it 2000 castle sucks overall.
It has several poops like that arch piece. The new castle tower pieces
are also crap. Castle has become juniorised.

Castle has been "juniorized" since the first 'wall pieces' came out.  LEGO
fans were more willing to accept that because the castles, even though
they were made out of big single-purpose wall & tower segments, they still
managed to look cool (unlike the fairly dorky Town Jr.)

The new tower pieces aren't really any worse than the quarter-octagons, or
the half-octagons-with-windows that showed up in FK.  In fact, of all the
wall segments, those are the ones I like most, because you can't build them
with normal bricks.

The arch does sound lame though.

Hmm...Hey LEGO! How about a wall-segment with a cross-shaped arrow slit
instead of a window?

I think those narrow arched windows are supposed to be arrow slit,
though not crosslet.  In the original castle these were just 1 brick
wide holes in the castle wall, but were clearly arrow slits.  When Lego
made the wall piece and put an arc over the slit people started calling
them windows, but I think they still would be the Lego equivalent to an
arrow slit.

Timbo