 CAD / Ray-Tracing / Search Results: excellent rendering
 Results 261 – 280 of 476.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  LEGO Color Reference

I've been playing around a bit with LDraw, L3P, and POV-RAY over the past few weeks. In August I tried to do some rendering of individual LEGO elements and found it to be a lot more challenging than I had expected. After much hair-pulling and (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.announce) !!

rendering
(score: 1.730)

  Re: More Transparency issues (was: "Illusions")

This file renders fine on my machine. I'd say a) Get a clean copy of the Ldraw radisioty file (and, BTW, try rendering without radiosity to see if there is any difference - I doubt it, but hey) or b) Provide your specific color settings (including (...) (21 years ago, 4-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 1.730)

  Re: Revolutions?

(...) I'm really don't have the time for development but since I have a fairly advanced setup I will offer the use of my computer for rendering. -Orion (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 1.730)

  Re: Radiosity example (F1 Ferrari) once again

"Nico Kaiser" <nico@siriux.net> wrote in message (...) Are you 100% sure about this? Usually the stair effect is caused by a lack of anti aliasing. Rendering the image at a huge resolution then doing a resize with proper resampling is more or less (...) (20 years ago, 30-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 1.730)

  Re: Lego renders

(...) Sorry to hear that. There's a full world of time-wasting waiting for you :-) Maybe you should start 'in the other end', that's how I began rendering. Install the standard POVRay and play with that (no Lego, just plain POVRay) until you feel (...) (19 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 1.730)

  New animation

I recently got an old version of lightwave (5.6) running. I used a ldraw to lightwave conversion utility and made this little test rendering. The file features a flyby by one of my microfig space ships in a star field. Its 1141KB so if your (...) (23 years ago, 12-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.space)

rendering
(score: 1.730)

  lg_color.inc updates?

ive noticed the colors table has the povray .inc files now .. awsome!! has anyone updated lg_colrs.inc with these color definitions yet? im rendering a model with these new colors .. looks nice.. heheh also i did a render 1280 x 1024 of Robin (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 1.730)

  Re: HDRI and radiosity

(...) I've forwarded Orion's email with the file and instructions on how to use it to you. I hope it helps somehow. What program are you rendering this with? POV-Ray, I presume? How are you doing the HDRI with POV? -Mike (20 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

rendering
(score: 1.730)

  Re: L3P question concerning MPD files

(...) Hi, your programme is written with Visual Basic? By now, I'm thinking about creating a little tool for doing some kind of "batch rendering of several submodels from certain camera positions" and automatical combination of those rendered (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 1.730)

  Re: New wallpaper scene and customizable POV file

(...) Very impressive as usual. ^_^ Quick question, when I actually start feeling comfortable with POV-Ray and the other wonders of LDraw and rendering, would you be able to answer some wacky questions of mine? (I've been thinking it would be really (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 1.730)

  Re: New wallpaper scene and customizable POV file

(...) always, awesome. Heh heh heh -- this must be a rendering of Utah traffic; the semi is passing on the right. ;-) Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 1.730)

  Re: Remix Disco: 55 Disco

Hi all, After lurking for more than six years, this is my very first post here. I'm watching the rendering competition very closely and I really think this is an outstanding effort! Myself, I'm still experimenting with the scene in Povray, but I (...) (18 years ago, 12-Oct-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

rendering
(score: 1.730)

  Re: POV 3.5, Radiosity, and Multiple Passes??

Your post made me curious so I rendered a image using that part. I had the part in combinations of by itself and with a minifig, solid and transparent, and with and without radiosity. I also rendered with and without the LGEO library. Other than (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 1.730)

  Re: problems converting

(...) I am using L3P to convert my MLCad files to PovRay and i never had a problem with transparent pieces. If you can't see ANY transparencies check the rendering mode you are using. (Look at povray.ini file in the renderer folder. If the Quality=X (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 1.730)

  Re: POV 3.5, Radiosity, and Multiple Passes??

(...) Can you share those settings? On the radiosity block, try playing with the "count" parameter. Lower settings (even 1) will speed up the rendering, but sometimes they cause gross artifacts that dissapear at higher settings. (...) MEGAPOV is (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 1.730)

  Is it possible to use LDView as POV-Ray previewer?

Hi I am using it and I am really glad I've found it. But some models (or details) require better rendering, so I use POV-Ray. In POV, pinpointing exact camera_position and camera look_at parameters just by typing coordinates is real pain even when (...) (19 years ago, 2-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 1.730)

  I'd like to have a little word with Duncan Jardine - Winner of the SOTM September 2001 on Ldraw.org

Hi Duncan, I'd like to ask you some question about your rendering. Unfortunately you haven't left any e-mail-address. Please contact me. Many thx. Willy (23 years ago, 15-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.people)

rendering
(score: 1.730)

  Re: PovRay Error

"Sproaticus" <jsproat@io.com> wrote in message news:H04BGJ.I9L@lugnet.com... (...) you (...) [ ... snipped ... ] I made this change and it has made it through the parse stage. We'll see how it looks in about eight hours when it is done rendering. (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 1.730)

  Re: Why does it take long?

(...) Ray tracing is very CPU intensive, and I guess also quite memory hungry. If you've got SDRAM then that could be a bottleneck. A P4 or AMD XP CPU running much faster with DDR would probably make a huge difference in this case, but I'm not (...) (22 years ago, 13-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 1.730)

  Help with normal textures...

When I render the attached file, I get ugly horizontal and vertical lines, as shown here: (URL) someone please try rendering it and see if you get the same results? Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks, --Bram // begin file // light_source { < (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.ray)

rendering
(score: 1.730)

More:  Next Page >>