 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 375
Re: problems converting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 20:57:02 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Kyle Riley writes:
Does anyone know how to make a brick/whatever transparent in POV-RAY? In MLCAD
the piece is transparent and I've also checked in LDRAW's viewer...both
transparent. But, when I use L3P to convert it to POV-RAY format, I end up
with a solid blue windshield...

I am using L3P to convert my MLCad files to PovRay and i never had a problem
with transparent pieces.
If you can't see ANY transparencies check the rendering mode you are using.
(Look at povray.ini file in the renderer folder. If the Quality=X is set too
low, PovRay doesn't compute transparencies. Try setting it to 9.)

George