 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 373
372  |  374
Subject:
problems converting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 15:40:37 GMT

Hello everyone. I got LDRAW years ago and recently found it again after a
computer upgrade. I've been having quite a bit of fun with the MLCAD program
and have also been playing with the POV-RAY program. Well, here's my problem.
Does anyone know how to make a brick/whatever transparent in POV-RAY? In MLCAD
the piece is transparent and I've also checked in LDRAW's viewer...both
transparent. But, when I use L3P to convert it to POV-RAY format, I end up
with a solid blue windshield on a car and simliar coloring on a castle. Is
there some sort of extension I'm missing in L3P or something I'm doing wrong.
No doubt it's something simple that I've overlooked. If anyone can help me
out, I'd appreciate it a lot.
~Kyle

P.S. Also, on a side note, can anyone explain why my LDraw Add-on is not
working. It's giving me a message telling me that a file, com32dlg.ocx is
outdated. Yes, I have also installed the newest version of the virtual basic
files. Anyone know why this is causing a problem? A solution, or a copy of
someone's working file would also be great.