 CAD / Ray-Tracing / *1587 (-20)
  Re: Excellent rendering with MegaPov 0.7 (long post)

Hi Jeroen - This looks great! I plugged it into MegaPOV and replaced my color definitions in a POV file with your code. MegaPOV is having a hard time understanding your statements: #if (BUMPS) normal { BUMPNORMAL } #end Any tips? Thanks!! -Tim (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Excellent rendering with MegaPov 0.7 (long post)

Hej Jeroen, a BIG thanks to you for this extensive and clear post about how to get 'excelent rendering results' (ERR...) with MegaPov 0.7 but(yes), me is one of those lazy guys... so, how about a comparison between Povray3.5 and MegaPov 0.7 in both (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Excellent rendering with MegaPov 0.7 (long post)

Hi all, Since the code for photorealistic pictures where released (see (URL) a lot of people have been experimenting with it. Allister McLaren for instance added light (see: (URL) which not only looks better but also removes some radiosity artifacts (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Outlined part edges in L3P?

(...) If you're gonna do optional lines then it'll only look correct when viewed from one direction. This means you can apply the standard cheat to solve the problem with cutoff cylinders on concave edges. Push all the edge cylinders toward the (...) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Outlined part edges in L3P?

(...) All line type 2 (and some type 5) should be visible. Why not? Edge lines along primitives are harder but not impossible. /Lars (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Outlined part edges in L3P?

(...) L3P works on one file at the time (it doesn't walk the tree), and when it processes the model, the parts and submodels have been thrown away. Otherwise you are right. After posting I imagined I would let L3Lab (which walks the tree) generate (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Outlined part edges in L3P?

I realized that this suggestion might work fine for rectangular parts, but cylindrical parts won't have edge lines along the cylinder walls, right? Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.inst)

"Lars C. Hassing" <lch@ccieurope.com> skrev i meddelandet news:H7JwBt.7t1@lugnet.com... (...) Perhaps L3P could collect all the edge lines during part generation, but defer the output until the complete model has been generated, and then write (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Outlined part edges in L3P?

(...) First, I don't think that it is related to the "smooth triangle" algorithm, because this is independent of the scale of the triangles, it only deals with their surface normals. The basic problem is, that there is no such thing as a line in (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Outlined part edges in L3P?

Excellent suggestion!! I've been wrestling with MegaPOV lately, having frustration with different size submodels and the find_edges settings. I want to keep the line thickness relative to the _parts_ and not to the render resolution, but since the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.inst)

  Re: problem with dark colors using Lgeo

(...) Hi Willy, There are several ways to do this and (sadly) most/all of them means editing the POV-file: 1) You can increase the power of the lights by changing the "color rgb <1,1,1>" to, say, "color rgb <1.5,1.5,1.5>". You can also change one (...) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  problem with dark colors using Lgeo

houston we've got a problem... basically it's a newbei-problem and probably this question has been posted before over and over again. sorry about that, but after two days of testing pov-settings I'm next to a nervous breakdown and not in the mood to (...) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Rendering over lan?

There is another way, but it's not for the feint of heart. It's distributed raytracing. People have hacked pov and made it run across multiple machines. I'm not sure if it's actually been done on Windows OSs yet, bet it has worked for other people (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Rendering over lan?

(...) That is entirely dependent on the rendering engine. PovRay is single threaded, so the only way to do it is to run multiple copies. This has other problems, but there's a bit of a discussion about how to do it here (URL) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Rendering over lan?

I have a lan connection of my desktop PC and my laptop I have win XP on PC and WIN 2K on laptop. Is it possible to use both computers same time over lan so I can render faster? If how? (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  How do I make the walls?

I know I could make a mesh of triangles, but I want it to fit exactly in the cut surface, without possible rounding errors: union { cylinder { <0,-12,0>, <0,-18,0>, 6 open } cylinder { <0,-12,0>, <0,-20,0>, 4 open } disc { <0,-20,0>, <0,1,0>, 8, 4 } (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Bumpy colors?

A while back, Amnon Silverstein came up with a cool way to render the rough texture of slope bricks with inlined L3P code: (URL) played around with this a little, but I always run into a snag when trying to incorporate the texture into parts; I (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: L3PAO does not work with LGEO

(...) (22 years ago, 4-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: L3PAO does not work with LGEO

Heu? Opened the lg_color.inc in a text-editor and added the line: #version 3.5 before #include "colors.inc" and the line: #version 3.0 after it. Like it said...? "Jeroen de Haan" <info@digitalbricks.nl> schreef in bericht (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: L3PAO does not work with LGEO

In lugnet.cad.ray, Jaco van der Molen writes: ... (...) Jeroen (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact