 CAD / Ray-Tracing / *1562 (-20)
  Re: L3PAO does not work with LGEO

Here is the link to fixing LGEO with POV 3.5 problem. (URL) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: L3PAO does not work with LGEO

(...) Jaco travi's solution to downgrade is the BEST option for most people. L3PAO does not PLAY well with POV-Ray 3.5 right now. There is a way to FORCE L3PAO to play with POV 3.5 but you must manually edit some files. Search his forum for POV 3.5 (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  L3PAO does not work with LGEO

A little late reaction to this post of 6-9-2002: "travis" <phree@attbi.com> schreef in bericht news:H21DCD.n1L@lugnet.com... (...) I am just (trying) to start using LGEO and have POV 3.5. I have the same problem as Mark and I know the solution from (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: smooth_triangle algorithmizer?

(...) Hi Kevin-- Thanks for the link! I hadn't seen your reply until now, or I would have thanked you sooner. I'll experiment with this app when I get home. Dave! (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Star Wars related wallpaper

Thanks. The links have been fixed. The 800x600 render was the original version. It's been replaced now. I did use the radiosity feature. Great as it is, radiosity will kill rendering time. The 1024x768 took 12 hr. 15 min 8 sec. Probably would have (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars related wallpaper

Travis, Nice! I really like the individual renders of the Tie-Pod. I had to poke around to get the link to work right from the Wallpapers page though. Did you use the POV radiosity feature? My jaw drops each time I see renders using it; some day (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.starwars)

  Star Wars related wallpaper

Go to the "Wallpaper" section. Opinions welcome. Travis Dickinson (URL) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: BIG Technic Brick

Here's a deep link to the pic : ) (URL) <jmantor@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message news:H5nH8B.4IK@lugnet.com... (...) ((URL) and tweaked it a little bit to match my other scaleX bricks. I rendered it (...) (22 years ago, 16-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: BIG Technic Brick

I took Wayne Sardullo's design ((URL) tweaked it a little bit to match my other scaleX bricks. I rendered it with the axle holes a contrasting color for clarity. PLMKWYT (URL) (22 years ago, 16-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Teardrops

(...) I gave this a shot... I pretty familiar with bezier curves from using them in CorelDraw, so I used a bezier_spline. Basically, for every segment you want, you create 4 points. The first and last points are the endpoints of the segment, and the (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Teardrops

(...) approximating the character of the curve. Orion emailed me a pointer to the Glob_5 shape in one of the POV-Ray .inc files, and that was quite a help. I played with the vertex sequence, but my liberal arts brain turns to mush when dealing with (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Teardrops

(...) Try creating a lathe object using a quadratic or cubic spline. (URL) Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu www.bldesign.org (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Teardrops

(...) A good suggestion! Maybe I can play around with a half-sphere, an open-ended cone, and a smaller half-sphere at the narrow end, but I'd kind of like to retain the roundness rather than the straight surface of the cone. I'll have to (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Teardrops

(...) A half-sphere and a cone? (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Teardrops

How the heck do I make good teardrop shapes in POV-Ray? I've tried with all manner of paired half-spheres, but I can't get the right "pinchiness" on the narrow end. I've also tried experimenting with splines and SOR formations, but I can't generate (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Excellent rendering...

Hehehehe, I just saw Jeroen's comment to his render of the 0395-1976 model. Me having great fun with the new radiosity feature!! look: (URL) Happy happy joy joy, Jan F. (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Dear moderator

(...) Kevin, Do not forget that you can also have LPub listed on the www.ldraw.org website. E-mail the webiste with a breif description so that we kow where, what, and who to link to. -AHui LDraw Help Desk (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Smooth surfaces

(...) Actually the meta-statements are probably unnecessary because all the information already exists in the parts in the form of type 2 and type 5 lines. Type 2 lines indicate a hard edge and type 5 lines (or the absence of type 2 lines) indicate (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Smooth surfaces

I know this is an old discussion, but I really like Steve's idea of meta-statements to control this. What would be really cool is to have all the primitives and parts in the parts library have the meta-statements that simply turn smooth triangles on (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Dear moderator

Hello, I recently developed a program that combines L3P and POV-Ray with a graphics user interface with the ability to create step by step building instructions or single images of the complete assembly (like L3PAO). I was wondering if it could be (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact