 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1561
Re: L3PAO does not work with LGEO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 19:09:27 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Jaco van der Molen writes:
A little late reaction to this post of 6-9-2002:

"travis" <phree@attbi.com> schreef in bericht news:H21DCD.n1L@lugnet.com...
are you using 3.5?  if so you'll need to downgrade to 3.1

"Mark Mueller" <mam@thegamenut.com> wrote in message
I just installed L3PAO and I keep getting an error when starting up that
"POV-Ray could not be verified."  I have reintalled POV-Ray 3 times now.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Mark M

I am just (trying) to start using LGEO and have POV 3.5.
I have the same problem as Mark and I know the solution from Travis, but I
think this is not an option.

What is the nature of this problem?

Also, L3PAddOn does not do the job when I click -lgeo switch it does not
generate a POV File. The version of POV Ray installed should not matter for
L3PAO to work correct right? I downloaded the latest (?) zip file with the
lgeo-library (http://www.el-lutzo.de/lego/zips/lgeo.zip) and have version
1.3.4 of L3PAO and told it where it can find the lgeo directory.

Jaco

Jaco travi's solution to downgrade is the BEST option for most people.
L3PAO does not PLAY well with POV-Ray 3.5 right now.  There is a way to
FORCE L3PAO to play with POV 3.5 but you must manually edit some files.
Search his forum for POV 3.5 and L3PAO as keywords and you will find it.  If
I find the post I'll repost here.

-AHui
LDraw Help Desk

ps. Hopeing L3Pao'S NEXT version wil fix thhe POV porblem.