 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1563
Re: L3PAO does not work with LGEO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 21:02:08 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Jaco van der Molen writes:

I am just (trying) to start using LGEO and have POV 3.5.
I have the same problem as Mark and I know the solution from Travis, but I
think this is not an option.

What is the nature of this problem?

Well, I don't know the exact nature of this problem. I think it is some
registry thing because I run both versions of POV-Ray on my computer and
L3PAO still thinks POV-Ray isn't installed :-(
You can either live with it or delete 3.5 and reinstall 3.1. I would go for
the first option.
Do you really use the POV-Ray options in L3PAO that much?

<Totally of the record> There are some big and great changes coming on for
L3P. I don't know what this will mean for L3PAO but I think it will be
obsolete until it matches L3P again... </Totally of the record>

Also, L3PAddOn does not do the job when I click -lgeo switch it does not
generate a POV File. The version of POV Ray installed should not matter for
L3PAO to work correct right? I downloaded the latest (?) zip file with the
lgeo-library (http://www.el-lutzo.de/lego/zips/lgeo.zip) and have version
1.3.4 of L3PAO and told it where it can find the lgeo directory.

No, the version of POV-Ray doesn't influence the workings of L3PAO. But to
use LGEO in POV-Ray 3.5 you should do the edit Ahui mentioned here
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/ray/?n=1562

Try these things too:
In L3PAO there is Tools menu with one item: Locate LGEO Library. If you
choose that, does it state the correct path to the LGEO directory?

If you don't use the LGEO option does L3P generate a POV-file?

Did you use a very long filename for your LDR-file or is it 8.3?

Hope this helps, Jeroen