 CAD / MLCad / 578 (-20)
  Re: request.

(...) Yes I will implement that into the next release. Michael (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Can this be done easily?

"Michael Lachmann" <m.lachmann@xpoint.at> wrote in message news:G3sn27.ACJ@lugnet.com... (...) parts - (...) into (...) When I get the chance I'll dig out my 3D modelling books and see if I can slap together a small app to look for intersecting (...) (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  request.

Could it be made that you can reload the models without having to reopen the file you're working on. And that it reloads even if it doesn't see new files? thank you Koen (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Can this be done easily?

I think the problem is again the part itself. To line up parts you need to have reference points where you can line up. LDraw parts do not have such points. The same thing is valid for intersecting parts. I'm sure it's possible to detect that parts (...) (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  LogiCad SpaceMouse + MLCad or other LDRAW programs?

Hi! Any of you serious CAD-heads out there used/tried to use the LogiCad3d Space Mouse or SpaceMouse+ with MLCad or some other windows-based LDRAW tool? It looks like it could make life much easier, but perhaps I'm wrong. Anyone? Thanks, -Peter (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Can this be done easily?

Last night I had a thought ... wouldn't it be really cool if MLCad could verify that a model was constructed "correctly"? In simple terms it could check to see if any bricks overlapped others, and also make sure that bricks were aligned against (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How do I speed things up ?

(...) In L3Lab you can see how it looks: hold down the SHIFT key while rotating the model by the mouse. /Lars (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: 2 small requests

I will check that ... Michael Jeff Boen <onyx@flash.net> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: G3HI5G.3qw@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) the (...) nice (...) going (...) part"... (...) having a (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How do I speed things up ?

I was thinking on that too, but this might be a bit confusing when parts are not like a box, like you said most of the technic parts. But sure this is also a possibility. Michael Anders Isaksson <isaksson.etuna@REMO...tninet.se> schrieb in im (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How do I speed things up ?

Michael Lachmann skrev i meddelandet ... (...) Why not a mode which paints just the bounding boxes of pieces, instead of the detailed piece? This might be easier/faster than interpreting all the .dat-s and drawing all the lines. You also see the (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  2 small requests

In previous versions, if I recall correctly, double-clicking on a part in the view panes performed the same operation as double-clicking on a part in the element listing... it brings up the part# modification dialog. It would be nice to have that (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How do I speed things up ?

It sure would ! I was thinking along these lines a few days ago and I tried a small experiment. I manually edited copies of the .dat files for the basic bricks that my model uses and removed all of the "extraneous" quads and studs so that each part (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How do I speed things up ?

(...) Yes, it would help. How about having an option to draw all prior steps in wireframe mode? Or have a meta-statement to turn wireframe off and on? Either of those might be easier to use than flagging specific parts. Steve (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How do I speed things up ?

Beside the fact that the next release will be faster than 1.99R1 :-) I have another idea: What if would be possible to mark certain parts for outline or wire-frame drawing? Would that be of any help? Michael (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How do I speed things up ?

One thing you could also do is to use the 'hide' feature. When you select parts and activate 'hide" from the menu or tool-bar (the light's) the part will not be drawn anymore until you make it visible again from the menu or tool-bar (show, show (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: I finally used MLCAD!

I've got this message with an e-mail so I forward the reply here: Hy Bram, at 1) Der is an option in the settings where you can disable this checking and warning mechanism. at 2) Don't tell me such things please ... so many people asked for MLCad (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How do I speed things up ?

You're welcome! And thank you, John. I discovered that fact quite by accident. :-) Hope you and others are able to make some use of it. -Andy Lynch ----- Original Message ----- From: "John VanZwieten" <john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Follow up to Camera Tricks  [DAT]

Well, a number of times since L3P was announced back in August 1998 I have had discussions with several people about ways to control the camera. The basic idea of L3P was to automate the camera setting to what (I suppose) is the most common (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Follow up to Camera Tricks

(...) Well, I think of it the other way around! See (URL) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How do I speed things up ?

"Andy Lynch" <andy@andyandjackie.com> wrote in message news:004b01c0426c$20...lth.com... (...) pieces (...) minimize (...) the (...) Then (...) now (...) DAT (...) Thanks for this very good tip. -John Van (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact