 CAD / MLCad / 563
Re: I finally used MLCAD!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 05:24:29 GMT

I've got this message with an e-mail so I forward the reply here:

Hy Bram,

at 1) Der is an option in the settings where you can disable this checking
and warning mechanism.
at 2) Don't tell me such things please ... so many people asked for MLCad
inheriting orientation and position from previous parts ... however CTRL + D
will duplicate the selected part(s).
at 3) This is described in the ReleaseNotes.txt file which comes with the
package.
at 4) Don't know yet, will have a look at it
at 5) Same as 4 - I think 'M' currently does nothing (who wrote this program
? was it me? :-)
at 6) As mentioned in the ReleaseNotes :-) the help is a mess currently (and
I'm looking for people willing to help me)

Thanks and regards,

    Michael

Bram Lambrecht <BXL34@po.cwru.edu> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
G39J1w.6ox@lugnet.com...
I decided to use MLCAD for my latest model:

Last time I used LEdit, my monitor didn't behave very nicely since I was
switching resolutions so often, so I decided to give the latest edition of
MLCAD a shot.  I'm glad that the keyboard short cuts work as they should • for
the most part.  I also liked being able to drag pieces onto the model when • I
didn't have the part number memorized.  Overall, the experience makes me • want
to use MLCAD for my next model too.
However, this email does have a purpose.  I have a couple not-so small • gripes
(as if I'm in a position to complain :P )

1) Every time I started MLCAD, it asked me if I wanted to register
   file types to MLCAD.  I had DAT files nicely set up so I could
   right click and open in   just about every LDraw related program.
   Unfortunately, at one point I clicked "Yes", and now that's all
   gone :(  Is the message really necessary more than once?  Maybe a
   "Don't show me this message again" checkbox would be a good idea.

2) When I hit 'I', it asks me for a part number.  This drove me nuts
   since most of my design was symmetrical, so I had to enter the part
   number at least twice as many times as in LEdit.  Hitting 'I'
   should be the same as copying and pasting the current element.
   (and if you really want to stick to the LEdit convention, it should
   set the orientation matrix back to 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1)

3) I haven't quite figured out how to do complex rotations in MLCAD. Is
   there a way I can set the center of rotation to the current cursor
   position?

4) When I hit X, Y, or Z, I would like to be able to enter exactly how
   far to move the current part.  Would this be hard to add?

5) This is a lesser point...what does 'M' currently do?  Could you set
   it to switch between Coarse, Normal, and Fine movement?

6) Oh, and my help file is giving me a 404...

Thanks a lot for listening, Mike.
--Bram