 CAD / MLCad / 503 (-20)
  Re: There has to be an easier way.

I have an update for you Michael. I am now using 1.99 If I have three parts in my Parts List... For ease I will call them in this order and position: A 0,0,0 B 10,10,10 C -100,-100,-100 If I take a new part D and drop it onto C, D will show up at (...) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: **** NEW RELEASE: MLCad V1.99 ****

(...) Nah, you have _always_ been in the mood of "... I need to find the parts in ldraw", it is not something new. ;-) Fredrik (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: **** NEW RELEASE: MLCad V1.99 ****

(...) Just lately I have been the opposite. Since buying some technic just the other day I have been in the mood of "now that I have bought this lego I need to find the parts in ldraw" (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: **** NEW RELEASE: MLCad V1.99 ****

(...) Tim Romine here! I could not agree more! What a great job overall, but right now I'm still enjoying finding my parts where *I* put them, not where someone else makes me put them. Woo Hoo! Great Job, Michael! Tim Romine AFOL for Life (...) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: **** NEW RELEASE: MLCad V1.99 ****

"Michael Lachmann" <m.lachmann@xpoint.at> wrote in message news:G2L1x3.Fv6@lugnet.com... (...) ... (...) This is GREAT! Now I can pull all the Minifig parts into 1 group to make them easier to get into, and easy access to all the Wings (hmm, lots of (...) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: There has to be an easier way.

I will try to fix this now ... sorry for ignoring it in the current release Michael John VanZwieten <john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: G2JM56.87v@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: **** NEW RELEASE: MLCad V1.99 ****

There was a bug in the previous version which caused the complete model to be refreshed most of the time ... now this bug is solved. This incremental refresh works only when the option "Draw to selection only" is turned off! Otherwice it will use (...) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: **** NEW RELEASE: MLCad V1.99 ****

Hey, I started playing with this and it looks nice. It seems to have an incremental screen refresh mechanism. It appears that when I make certain edits, it only updates that piece and perhaps a small amount of the rest of the model. Did the previous (...) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: **** NEW RELEASE: MLCad V1.99 ****

I was able to find the new release at the following link (for people that don't know how to find it) (URL) Lachmann <m.lachmann@xpoint.at> wrote in message news:G2L1x3.Fv6@lugnet.com... (...) in (...) the (...) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: **** NEW RELEASE: MLCad V1.99 ****

(...) AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! Yes!... no more LEdit for complicated rotations!.. Thanks a MILLION, Mike! Love the ability to flush cache as well... Thanks a TON! J (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: New MLCad Release is on it's way

(...) I think I myself *have* said this, actually. But it bears repeating! Thank you for creating a modern, more intuitive lego drawing program. (...) I think I speak for many when I say that we owe a debt to James for showing what's possible while (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  **** NEW RELEASE: MLCad V1.99 ****

Finaly I release this new version of MLCad ==> V1.99 New features: - Rotating model now in view mode also (option) - Changing sequence of models within a mpd - Differenced pane settings for edit/view mode - Bigger step advances and display of (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: New MLCad Release is on it's way

(...) Michael, I know I should have said this long ago: Thank you for creating a modern, more intuitive lego drawing program. Although the work of James Jessiman was great and extensive, it was not especially user-friendly. I know I never would have (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: New MLCad Release is on it's way

I'd like to add my thanks to that as well. I think that you have a great program. I look forward to the new revision. I also think its great that everyone contrribute to the development of the software. It will only get more powerful and easier to (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: New MLCad Release is on it's way

(...) Michael, I just wanted to take a moment to thank you once again for the time, effort and creativity you've put into this project. It seems like there's a great deal of nitpicking going on (from me included) about MLCad and its features. I'd (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: A couple questions.

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 Matthew Moulton writes: [snip] (...) 1. Put in the right wing and angle it. 2. Next, duplicate it (Ctrl+D). This will create an identical piece with the same orientation, etc. Now the next part is kind of complicated :) When you (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCAD problem

"Mark van 't Hooft" <markslegoland@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G2J9HK.J9v@lugnet.com... (...) seem (...) do (...) just (...) Make sure that the path to LDraw is correct so MLCad can find the parts. Also go to the File menu and choose Scan (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  New MLCad Release is on it's way

I will release MLCad 1.99 this evening. It should fix major problems and provide some new usefull things. The release will not contain a fully updated help. Instead I'm going to release MLCad with it's help files as they are (a real mess) but (...) (24 years ago, 17-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: There has to be an easier way.

"Royce Fay" <royce.fay@home.com> wrote in message news:39eb32dd.169128...net.com... (...) Same for me. -John Van (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: A couple questions.

My other question is are there (...) I've spoken to Michael (Lachman) about the need for better control of angled pieces... it's easy to rotate a piece, but not to set the point of rotation.. my vote is for a point of rotation object that shows up (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact